No announcement yet.

New Grand Sport ordered - Any Bulb details

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yours will lift on faster roads. That's the nature of matrix. They put the light where it's needed. Town driving they'll be low and wide for kerbs and pedestrians.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
      Yours will lift on faster roads. That's the nature of matrix. They put the light where it's needed. Town driving they'll be low and wide for kerbs and pedestrians.
      Maybe I should have read the manual apart from the dance think they do when walking up to the car they do adjust up down then settle when i start the car so you must be right, I’ll get the book out and look it, I’m off work with gout so i have the time at the moment

Comment

There's a video knocking about on the forum showing them working. It's the astra k but the lights do the same job. Adjusting for different roads and speeds.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
          There's a video knocking about on the forum showing them working. It's the astra k but the lights do the same job. Adjusting for different roads and speeds.
          I did see that although didn’t watch it as it was the astra, think it was the weekend i’ll look it up thanks buddy

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
            Looks great.. Maybe thats the way they are supposted to be fitted with the shield.. Lucky that they had a 90 degree adjustment feature

Any compromise on the light output since you rotated them ?
            I've just turned mine back so the led chips face sideways again after reading this. https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/jdmas...eadlights/amp/

I'll try to get a shot against works garage door before I go home tonight. To be honest I'm a bit confused as to how these should go. I'm starting to think a set with a lower lumen output would best suit these reflector lights.

Comment

I don't know what to do. There's now cut off and kick up now. Here is a close shot and further away shot. I still haven't see anybody bothered by the beam though.

Comment

I am in the same position as you. Certainly more of a line with the chips top and bottom but i think more even light output in the horizontal.

Nobody flashing me in either orientation so now its a personal choice I think

For the moment I am in chips horizonal mode

Comment

I did a bit of driving Friday night and quite a bit today on a dull rainy day so my lights were on all the time. Still in the horizontal position and nobody flashed or showed any sign of being bothered so I'm gonna leave mine as they are for now too.

Comment

Right bulb error started on Friday adding to the fact I'm not happy either the beam pattern, I've put my H7R hid kit back in. It's probably a cheap fix needing another set of canbus boxes but because I don't rely on the hids for flashing I'll just live with the few seconds they take to warm up.

Still got a set of the LEDs in main beam though.

Comment

• Still working away with mine. No errors yet

I swapped the longer LED from the main beam into the low beam to see the difference. The beam pattern improved dramatically as the LED’s were cut off by the sheild in the housing.. i swapped them back because they were a little too cutoff the beam pattern was perfect but the output was reduced..leds in horizontal position

Long story short. The position of the LED forward/backward in the shield is the key to the cutoff and beam pattern.. the ones we have are just a little short. Currently on the look out now for a budget set that are adjustable in length to test the theory and I am sure both good light output and correct pattern can be achieved together.

Will update again here with any progress.

Comment

• Just an update on the LED bulb topic for those that could not stretch to intellilux .

I have been experimenting with many different types and found a set which I believe are as good as it gets. The LED is designed exactly to match the filament in the halogen bulb (position and length) and it can be rotated to fine tune the beam pattern of needed, there are multiple ball bearings and holes to allow multiple positions. I did not rotate LED in vertical orientation gave me a great pattern with the shield in the housing. Clear cutoff line like the halogen and super bright. Perfect match for the DRL.

Been fitted a month with no error on the dash. I kept the original cancellers in just to be sure. The kit is 35w per lamp which in conjunction with the cancellers (8w) allow the car to believe there is a halogen bulb fitted..

Very happy now. I can close the LED chapter

Comment

• Very interested in this as always

Any chance of some shots of the beam pattern on a wall to see the cut off?

Comment

• Here you go,

Comment

• That was quick, thanks.....That is a crisp cut off. I think I'll give them a go. So you put them in as there come without turning them?

Comment

• Yes. I did with led in vertical orientation.

Make sure the shield is completely straight. I noticed that it had dropped a bit probably from me changing lots of bulbs and moving it

You can bend it back up by sticking your finger in before you insert the lamp and bending it back up

Comment

Working...
                                X