Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED headlights........

Hi all,

I ordered these and finally got around to fitting them last night. I have to say I am very disappointed with the light from these LEDs, they are about the same as the standard bulbs. The colour is a pretty good match for the DRLs but I would say they aren't worth the money. I did get a 'Free Upgrade to Gen 5' so I don't know if that has any bearing on the performance of the lights.

I have contacted Horizon to see what they say.

Michael

I’m really liking my matrix led’s just hope they never go wrong as its £2000 to replace them

Comment

I had them in my facelift and found them pretty good. Not quite as good as hids but way better than the halogens. I'm going to get some H7's for this one.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

LED headlights........

Mine were great but didn’t pass an mot, couldn’t get the beam pattern right (btw mine were in reflectors). Light output was great rivalled the main beam.

Comment

Originally posted by nick.b View Post
          Mine were great but didn’t pass an mot, couldn’t get the beam pattern right (btw mine were in projectors)

Really? Beam pattern shouldn't be a problem in projector headlights.

Comment

I’m a div, ment reflectors . Will edit the above.

Comment

The problem with LED's is that the light is very directional so there's 2 dark areas on these bulbs where little to no light is being output, whereas on a normal bulb/HID lamp it's 360 degrees.

I've been playing with LED bulbs in my fog lights and while they're very bright to look at, the output is pish poor. I put a LED lamp in my motorbike and it's about the same, very bright to look at but output isnt that great. Only reason i like it is because the low beam stays on with the high .

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Might have been the ones you were using twed, light output in mine were great.

Comment

They're sneaky when they state the lunens. Sellers of led kits tend to add both bulbs and say something like 6000lm and it turns out they're only 3000lm each bulb.

You need at least 4000lm each bulb for a decent output.
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Took this photo of full beam last night. Definitely a 'whiter' light but nowhere near as bright as I was expecting.
                    Probably just the same as standard bulbs.

Comment

Working...
                    X