The list begins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The list begins

Hi all,well my insignia has already started a list within 1 day of ownership 1 heaters are not fantastic even on full my previous veccy was a lot hotter don't get me wrong,it's not cold but it's not hot either 2 both front heated seats don't work will come on for about a minute then go off sometimes less than a minute 3 parking sensors sometimes won't work noticed a message 'park assist off' I didn't turn it off or have done something wrong 4 boot catch won't unlock boot(saloon model)place where I bought the car is sending out replacement good job I have boot release on key fob is this a difficult job?? That's it at the moment,many many thanks in advance jason

Heated seats will be the heat pads themselves,very common to fail
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Never knew that , never had a problem with my facelift. As for heating close the rear seat vents that helps. Is your sensors are not working your park assist wont work!

Comment

There was a recall on the pre facelift for the heat pads once over,,it will be finished now though,,so there was a problem with the earlier ones
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufc View Post
          Hi all,well my insignia has already started a list within 1 day of ownership 1 heaters are not fantastic even on full my previous veccy was a lot hotter don't get me wrong,it's not cold but it's not hot either 2 both front heated seats don't work will come on for about a minute then go off sometimes less than a minute 3 parking sensors sometimes won't work noticed a message 'park assist off' I didn't turn it off or have done something wrong 4 boot catch won't unlock boot(saloon model)place where I bought the car is sending out replacement good job I have boot release on key fob is this a difficult job?? That's it at the moment,many many thanks in advance jason
          1. Probably cant help here never had any issue with mine but if its not on 'auto' it wont increase fan speed to get up to temp unless you do in manually
          2. Seat heating problem due to connector from seat heating pad under seat. Its not the pad itself, if you redo connections to and from it should sort it. As far as I know anyway.
          3. Park assist activated on front by slow speed and rear by selecting reverse, if I pull up quickly to a parking spot forwards they wont activate. On rear, if you take it out of reverse gear down hill to parking spot they wont signal Grrr. If you have seat belt undone this overrides parking sensor chime. Grrr. Check in 'Vehicle settings' they are on.
          4. There is a cheap part fix from Vauxhall (button only), got one for my ST. I'll have to have a look for no. Have to remove boot trim to replace, which is a bit awkward.
          Hopefully your list ends there.

Comment

Hello and Herzlich Willkommen to this DIY episode of ThatGermanGuy.We are going to show you today how to replace / repair a common fault on later Vauxhall an...
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

It sounds like you're already have a part of the most common issue known. On the positive side, better these then the common EGR cooler leak or worse, the oil pickup seal...

Comment

In terms of the heating one thing with diesels is that it takes a lot longer than a petrol to warm up inside i find...that said once warm mine gets very warm if i set the temp to be high.

Comment

return the car?
                  i wouldn't even go down the road of the dealers trying to fix it up

Comment

Quick update with heater,it was -4 this morning travelled to work(40 miles) and the heaters were p*** poor to say the least barely above Luke warm shivered all the way to work,does anybody have any idea where do I start looking,I have 0% knowledge of insignias,thanks in advance kind regards jay

Comment

What settings did you have the a/c on? Was it Hi on both driver and passenger side? Did you turn the fans up high?
                      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Hi,yes all up high a/c on or off not really a big difference,not the time of year not to have a nice toasty car....

Comment

What is the temp on your engine showing? And does it fluctuate?
                          I'm thinking knackered thermostat

Comment

Had an issue on the other halves old corsa where they was no heat and it was because the coolant was so low. Not sure how it all works but topping the coolant back up and heaters were fine again. Presumably it uses the warmed up coolant in some way for the heaters.

Comment

Hi,the temp sits at 90 and does not move at all....... Will check coolant this morning

Comment

Working...
                              X