Infinity sound upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinity sound upgrade

How easy is it to upgrade to the Infinity sound system in a MY2011 ST Elite?
    2011 2.0 CDTI 160 ecoflex Sport Tourer

Just speakers?

Comment

Is it doable, where Can I get them, and will it improve the sound?

Comment

It would be doable but wouldn’t be a cost effective option (think new loom) or sound any better than half decent after market ones. The speakers are similar to that of the paper o.e ones it’s the amplifier with built in EQ that makes all the difference.

Would be better to get some good after market ones and depending on your budget amps and a dsp.

Comment

Originally posted by nick.b View Post
          It would be doable but wouldn’t be a cost effective option (think new loom) or sound any better than half decent after market ones. The speakers are similar to that of the paper o.e ones it’s the amplifier with built in EQ that makes all the difference.

Would be better to get some good after market ones and depending on your budget amps and a dsp.
          Same as the bose is the new gs its the whole loom grrr yes aftermarket probably best

Comment

The amount of work required and cost is not worth it pal. Best to go aftermarket.

Comment

Ok, so general feeling is not to bother with a infinity updgrade.

It’s only really lacking in bass to be fair, the speakers aren’t too bad. So, what is the simplest way for me to improve the bass only? Bear in mind, I’m not good with technical stuff.

Comment

Subwoofer
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

With how integrated modern cars are it’s difficult to add amplifiers and such with out splicing wires etc.

What year do you have and what head unit is it?

If your not keen to do splicing etc then I would recommend finding an installer.

Like exclusiv said a subwoofer will give you the bass you are after, also might be worth upgrading door speakers and tweeters so the bass doesn’t over whelm everything else.

Comment

Working...
                  X