2008 insignia afl fault.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2008 insignia afl fault.

Hi guys I have a a 2008 insignia Sri 4x4 with the led xenon head lights. When I start the car up and the dash has done the led checks it will flash up with the orange afl light and beep but stops after a couple seconds. Every now and again I will get a afl fault show and lose full beam but it doesn’t happen all the time and at different times. And it will do it on any road. I’ve taken it to a garage who’s plugged into the obd port and ran diagnostics and they’ve said it doesn’t show an afl fault. Any ideas what this could be and how to solve it?

Cheers tom

Same here m8 only just bought the car so insignia is new to me at the moment every now and again I get 'service Afl' switch car off and all is fine again hope to get to the bottom of this 1

Comment

The cornering bulbs seem to be a common fault of check AFL message,,worth checking they work
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

As far as I'm aware they both work,they both come on when I select reverse???? To be honest I'm seriously considering taken it back to the place I bought it from,the list of things wrong is growing don't get me wrong I still love my insignia just don't love the faults.

Comment

Originally posted by Mufc View Post
          As far as I'm aware they both work,they both come on when I select reverse???? To be honest I'm seriously considering taken it back to the place I bought it from,the list of things wrong is growing don't get me wrong I still love my insignia just don't love the faults.
          Maybe why the last owner sold it.

Comment

Sometimes if one of the cornering bulbs is on the way out it would display the fault.

Comment

Also could be this

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                36 minutes for that. That's the stealers.
                Check both headlamps are working, if one has a fault with high beam/level control it'll turn off

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
                  Sometimes if one of the cornering bulbs is on the way out it would display the fault.
                  Thanks sriray you may be onto something with that 1,I managed to throw up the message again on the same right hand junction so will change bulbs and see if that cures it

Comment

Originally posted by Mufc View Post
                    Thanks sriray you may be onto something with that 1,I managed to throw up the message again on the same right hand junction so will change bulbs and see if that cures it
                    I never had to replace any bulbs on my afl’s are they expensive?

Comment

I believe(reading other threads) that the cornering lights are h11,just buy a decent set.

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
                        I never had to replace any bulbs on my afl’s are they expensive?
                        Cornering bulb are normal filament bulb. Xenon I replaced both with osram £90

Comment

Working...
                        X