**** end to a Shitty week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got her back today,
    And to be honest. She looks ok, (they fitted a bloody fill chrome grille though..)

There are a couple of spots of the paint work that look like it been ‘sanded’ with ultra fine paper to remove a run,
    But I’m guessing that with a quick polish it’ll ‘pop’ back to shiney paint..

I did talk to the garage about it, however they can’t get it back in until the end of Jan,
    So I might as well do it myself..
    or get somebody to give the car a good machine polish after Christmas..

But at least I’ve got my car back.. yay..

Pressing random buttons on my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Chris

Comment

Best grills are the chrome grills. I loved mine on my previous car. Had no intention of wrapping it.

Yeah give it a bit of spit and polish yourself. Get some meguiars ultimate compound on it. It's nice and gentle with great results. Then seal it with a decent long lasting wax.

Glad you've got it back. You can start to enjoy the car again.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

cheers Marko,
        yeah buddy, i'm getting back to 'lovin' my Siggy, i've already been looking at goodies for her..(new waxes and polishes')..

p.s. how long should i leave the paintwork before i start polishing it ?...(many years ago, i trained to be a car painter..(wadham Kenning motor group)..and we always used to advise two to three weeks before polishing / T-cutting... but that was with 2pack paints).

i take it modern paints aren't as hard wearing as the old 'poisonous' stuff.
        Chris

Comment

You can pretty much do it straight away now a days. They'll have already had a crack at it. If you're doing it by hand you should be fine...If via machine, I'd run it on a lower speed setting.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

i'll have a ganders at using a machine to polish it,

(but i'll probably bottle it due to being afraid of causing **** loads of swirls all over it..)
            Chris

Comment

Working...
            X