**** end to a Shitty week....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **** end to a Shitty week....

After a crap week at work, too many hours, not enough sleep and a few family related issues, i drove back to work after thirteen hours on the road to find that some dickhead of a truck driver had reversed his truck into my Siggy,

he's totally destroyed the front spoiler/ bumper, trashed the front grille, and possibly snapped a headlight mounting off,...not to mention he's left a bit of his truck behind for me to cherish..

Apparently after he'd done it and was confronted by one of the guys at work, he said ''well ! i can't really see down that side of my truck when i'm reversing..''
    to which the fella at work replied, ''so, if you can't see down there then why the 'fu&k where you reversing before waiting for one of us to watch you back ?'',

''well i'm running late mate'',

i've got to give 'Sean..(the fella at work) his dues though.. 'apparently he then told the truck driver that '' you want to be thankful 'Chris' isn't here mate, as he'd have knocked you clean out for damaging his car....

so it looks like my Siggy is off to Vauxhall for some repairs...

#pissed off at this isn't even close to how i feel right now..

i'll post a couple of pics in the morning...
    Chris

That really is a shitty way to end a bad week.
    Sorry to hear the cars been damaged and I hope the Lordy driver or his insurance is paying for it?

Comment

I'd have killed the *******
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Band news pal, but on the plus side at least it wasnt a hit and run, should hopefully end up with a nice new looking front end too

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
          After a crap week at work, too many hours, not enough sleep and a few family related issues, i drove back to work after thirteen hours on the road to find that some dickhead of a truck driver had reversed his truck into my Siggy,

he's totally destroyed the front spoiler/ bumper, trashed the front grille, and possibly snapped a headlight mounting off,...not to mention he's left a bit of his truck behind for me to cherish..

Apparently after he'd done it and was confronted by one of the guys at work, he said ''well ! i can't really see down that side of my truck when i'm reversing..''
          to which the fella at work replied, ''so, if you can't see down there then why the 'fu&k where you reversing before waiting for one of us to watch you back ?'',

''well i'm running late mate'',

i've got to give 'Sean..(the fella at work) his dues though.. 'apparently he then told the truck driver that '' you want to be thankful 'Chris' isn't here mate, as he'd have knocked you clean out for damaging his car....

so it looks like my Siggy is off to Vauxhall for some repairs...

#pissed off at this isn't even close to how i feel right now..

i'll post a couple of pics in the morning...
          ****!!! So sorry mate I’d have lost it, thank god for insurance, your baby will be sweet again mate, whilst at it you may get a sweet ride on the insurance hopefully a gs! Think positive right now!

Comment

Pics..

Pressing random buttons on my iPhone using Tapatalk
            Chris

Comment

**** end to a Shitty week....

Thanks for the replies folks,

Gotta see what is gonna happen with this on Monday,
              (Good news I suppose is that one of the supervisors at work has said, “don’t worry mate, it’ll get repaired by the company if need be”

The bad thing is, ‘
              this happening has made me feel like I’ve lost a bit of love for the car..’

To me, it’ll never be the same car I bought...

Is that weird ?

Chris

Comment

At least it will get sorted one way or another. When it is looking good again, you might like it even more. It is the way it looks now that is putting you off a little.
                LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Langy View Post
                  Thanks for the replies folks,

Gotta see what is gonna happen with this on Monday,
                  (Good news I suppose is that one of the supervisors at work has said, “don’t worry mate, it’ll get repaired by the company if need be”

The bad thing is, ‘
                  this happening has made me feel like I’ve lost a bit of love for the car..’

To me, it’ll never be the same car I bought...

Is that weird ?

I know what you mean but it could have been a lot worse insurance will make it well again [emoji846]

Comment

At least no more stone chips bud

Comment

I know how you feel mate, a woman reversed into me recently (in spite of me sounding my horn). The badge pinged off, a small scratch to the grille, and there was a slight scuff to the bumper. I felt gutted, BUT, I got the best respray I have ever had, they did the entire bumper, both wings, plus the bonnet! I have ZERO stone chips now, plus there was other marks on the bonnet and the wings, which all look brand new. I have a lovely shiny grill and badge, and they power polished the whole car too. I am well chuffed now it's over, but I do know what it feels like at the time. I never thought I would actually gain from it, but I did this time?

Comment

That's a bummer!..And what a total sh!t of a bloke that lorry driver is. The fker shouldn't be driving vehicles of that size if he'd rather guess than make safe maneuvers.

On the up side it looks like your work colleagues had your back. I bet the c't would have driven off if it were not for them. Its slow impact bumper damage so hopefully hasn't entered the engine bay or bent anything structural. I know how you feel re falling out of love with the car (had my front bumper damaged twice on my last insignia while it was parked) but bumper, grill etc are just bolted on bits of plastic so once replaced, car will look and feel as good as new so just look forward to a week or so when you're admiring the lovely paint finish on your new front end.
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Hope it gets repaired quick,be as good as new
                          Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                          Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I would have been sacked for pulling him out his cab and showing him the damage and using his face to impose another few bonnet dents if I had been there when he did that to my car. What a **** 'I am running late' and a swift boot in the balls for that comment. What a dick. As said will be like new when sorted hopefully you will find the love again for it.

Comment

I had a similar thing happen a couple of years ago. No issues, fully repaired and back on the road in a couple of weeks. Fast forward to insurance renewal time and the ba****ds wanted to load my premium by £130 'because I had been in an accident' My car was parked and locked like yours so I was 100% innocent. The insurance company wouldn't listen so I changed insurance companies and got my cover cheaper elsewhere. So be ready for the bad news!!

Comment

Working...
                              X