Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Grand Sport Grille - Chrome or No Chrome ??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport Grille - Chrome or No Chrome ??

Hi Guys,

I am like a child waiting for Santa Claus with my new GS scheduled for delivery to dealer 26th December. I have chosen Cosmic Grey and now I have a choice to make before delivery. I can have the standard SRI grille which has no chrome edging or i can also opt for the elite grille with the chrome trim. Pictures of both on a cosmic grey GS below.

Any feedback. I cant make my mind up

They both go well on that colour. The black gives it the sporty look and the extra chrome gives it a more executive look. I think based on that colour which gives the car a more executive look anyway, I'd go for the chrome.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Thanks Marko for the feedback..

should have also put in the picture below with the 18” alloys. The bi-colour had me leaning towards the black edge grille

Comment

Yeah I see what you mean. Here is mine on the same angle, same wheels with black grill surround,

Gives you an idea without chrome.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Think I would go with the chrome trim on that colour.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I agree I think the chrome would look nice on that colour. The black looks more sporty which i think suits bolder colours better. Feel for you buddy just had mine 2 weeks it’s a fabulous motor and the wait was painful [emoji37]

Comment

Ps nice wheels, i bit of pain to keep clean though [emoji50]

Comment

Go chrome, look's more finished off.

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
                  Thanks Marko for the feedback..

should have also put in the picture below with the 18” alloys. The bi-colour had me leaning towards the black edge grille

Here’s mine in chrome

Comment

Definitely chrome

Comment

I think Marko301’s gs in red looks better without the chrome but yes the grey i think suits the chrome

Comment

Yeah the grey is quite dark. Chrome will break the black and grey.

What model are you getting btw. You seem to have more specific options over in Ireland, same as europe.

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          Yeah the grey is quite dark. Chrome will break the black and grey.

What model are you getting btw. You seem to have more specific options over in Ireland, same as europe.
                          In the uk I don’t think they even give you that as an option, in fact the options were limited to 4 packages with only a few stand alone extras hud, lcd screen, matrix lights, bose sound system and sun roof. Something like that

Comment

In a friendly way, surely it is down to your personal preference, the same as when you go in to a restaurant you choose what you want not what other diners want.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                              In a friendly way, surely it is down to your personal preference, the same as when you go in to a restaurant you choose what you want not what other diners want.
                              I don't agree...I think he should order the fish!

Comment

Working...
                              X