New Battery.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Battery.

Hello all,had the message 'Low Battery'come up on display a few times,so decided to bite the bullet and fit a new one.The Siggy then told me to power down and up the windows in the correct order.Radio and seat memory were not affected.All ready now for anything the winter throws at us.
    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

I didn’t know that there was a correct order to do the windows...
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
      Hello all,had the message 'Low Battery'come up on display a few times,so decided to bite the bullet and fit a new one.The Siggy then told me to power down and up the windows in the correct order.Radio and seat memory were not affected.All ready now for anything the winter throws at us.
      I didnt know a 'Low battery' signal came up. Mines on 12+/-volts for the last while, I'm expecting this all the time. Good to know

Comment

Battery gone on mine....just after fully loading it for a trip away! Went to start it and dead. Had to unload everything into the Astra, get two scaffolders working two doors down to push me out of the way of the drive entrance once I’d managed to get the electric handbrake off then we were off 20mins later than planned.

I had got it up for sale....but chatting whilst driving to chester we’re now looking at trading it in for a new tourer instead!!

Comment

Didn't know about the message. But glad its sorted.

Comment

Yes I was surprised to see the message,then once I switched ign on the display tells you which window to set,may have a few more messages hidden!!That's all I had to do then all systems normal.
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Following on from this...my battery needs a charge after sitting for a while and the weather. Car is currently on the road outside. Any potential issues other than resetting windows and losing the saved radio stations if I was to take the battery off to bring into the garage to put on the trickle charger I have for a day or so?

Comment

None at all
                ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Took the battery off on Friday evening and placed it on charge using the trickle charger and only had chance to pop it back on this lunchtime.....fired up straight away so been on a bit of a drive round in the Peak District to give it a good run. All i had to do was reset the windows, all four with it being an Elite with electric windows all round, and nothing else....didnt even lose the saved Radio Stations!!

Plan on hooking it up to the charger but with the battery in the car still over the next few days whilst the car isnt being used to keep topping it up.

Comment

Anytime the battery has been disconnected the info system will prompt you to power the windows up and down in a sequence.

Comment

Yep was expecting that but didn’t think it would retain saved radio stations etc.

Comment

What battery did you get as mine is on the way out
                        upcoming mods: led lights (interior and license plate)- on their way, de-badge front grill, new rims, new audio unit, mud flaps

Comment

Type 075 60Ah 520cca.
                          calcium technology 3yr guarantee

Comment

Originally posted by Howy View Post
                            Yes I was surprised to see the message,then once I switched ign on the display tells you which window to set,may have a few more messages hidden!!That's all I had to do then all systems normal.
                            that normal if you disconnect battery...always ask to set every each windoww

My black Insignia

Comment

If anyone else has pre-winter battery issues I can recommend these, just got one myself.......

SuperBatt Automotive battery range is designed with Advance Calcium Technology which makes them Maintenance Free and give Longer Life compare to conventional automotive batteries. SuperBatt SILVER 9000 [Super Excellence].

Good price, 4 yr guarantee, 85AH and 800CCA

Comment

Working...
                              X