Speed Cameras and Apple Carplay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Speed Cameras and Apple Carplay

Hi guys. Getting to grips with the new nav infotainment in the my16. I’d like to use either the Vauxhall Nav or Apple Carplay but want speed camera alerts and traffic that I get from the tomtom app currently. I can get alerts when using the app in the background on the iphone but if using carplay and have the app open every time I click on something on the nav screen it opens on the phone as well. Does anyone know if it’s possible to stop that happening or if there are any other options for speed camera alerts on the stock nav? Thanks in advance

no options for audible alerts

abit crap really 2 things you actually want on any satnav is to get you from a to b

and warn you of speed cams

the satnav does display the cameras but no audible sound

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
      no options for audible alerts

abit crap really 2 things you actually want on any satnav is to get you from a to b

and warn you of speed cams

the satnav does display the cameras but no audible sound
      I know. I can see I’m going to end up still using the tomtom app on my phone. That or try cyclops again but last time I used it it wasn’t as good as tomtom for up to date locations.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
        I know. I can see I’m going to end up still using the tomtom app on my phone. That or try cyclops again but last time I used it it wasn’t as good as tomtom for up to date locations.
        The navi unit is a really good satnav but i agree the speed camera doesn’t seem to alert [emoji599] you, well if it does i never managed to get mine to either although i never delved to deeply into the system.

Comment

I'm looking to take the plunge and buy a android interface so can use as normal then press a button
          and it turns into a android unit.

because a really liked the igo satnav on old prefacelift my11 model

Comment

Working...
          X