• Show
Clear All

Nice! but needs the bigger rims for me

Comment

You can’t help yourself [emoji23]

Comment

20" is minimum now days! especially as cars are getting bigger

Comment

Disagree Spark, looks wise yeah maybe but 18’s are just fine, 19’s are probably best all rounders. Im in my 40’s have wife and kids (22&24) and its our only car so for us handling v comfort with grand sport space is a winner on 18’s

Comment

I agree with both. Of course bigger wheels look better but comfort and safety also play a big part. For me the latter out weighs looks. You can get away with 18"s looks wise for day to day running. At a meet and as a forum image they can come up a little short but because my car is used for my daily commute on roads full of pot holes, on a personal level I'd choose 18"s all day long.

These are a game changer though if they can produce them at a decent price...
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              I agree with both. Of course bigger wheels look better but comfort and safety also play a big part. For me the latter out weighs looks. You can get away with 18"s looks wise for day to day running. At a meet and as a forum image they can come up a little short but because my car is used for my daily commute on roads full of pot holes, on a personal level I'd choose 18"s all day long.

These are a game changer though if they can produce them at a decent price...
              With you m8!!! 18s are great as daily driver wheels!!!

Comment

+1 for 18"s.
                Even with 18"s the ride can be pretty firm over bad roads. Mine feel like driving on solid wheels these cold mornings until they've warmed up a bit. Just too easy to knacker a 20" when there's so little rubber between the rim and the road.

Comment

I drove to Redcar from Perthshire (just under 500 miles round trip) to get my GS, up here Arnold Shark or Vardy cars don't seem to have front and rear parking sensors to any of their cars and they are way more expensive.
                  Found Parkers website great for filtering the exact model spec/colour etc you are looking for. Only cost me my time to go and collect it!
                  sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by boba View Post
                    +1 for 18"s.
                    Even with 18"s the ride can be pretty firm over bad roads. Mine feel like driving on solid wheels these cold mornings until they've warmed up a bit. Just too easy to knacker a 20" when there's so little rubber between the rim and the road.
                    I find the gs a lot more compliant than my facelift elite was or my volvo s60 before

Comment

Well out of the blue having been told it’d be middle of March before it arrived I’ve had a phone call to say the car has arrived at the dealer. Now a little torn what to do, hang on and have it registered as an 18 plate and pick up on March 1st or get it straight away that means we can use it for a trip up to Seahouses next Thursday to Sunday.

I wanted to have an 18 plate but having had that many issues with the old one I’m pretty much sure it’ll decide to do something to break down or be a hassle either before we go so we have to cram into the smaller Astra or break down whilst we’re away with the pair of us, the 4 month old, the dog and fully loaded and I’ll have to fork out to get it fixed knowing I’ve a new one waiting for me! Plan is to keep it for 5/6/7 years anyway so would it bring a 67 plate make that much of a difference in terms of selling on? What would others do?

Another thing is that I’ve arranged to get a new Safedog dog crate fitted on the 20th to keep both the dog safe in the boot and rear passengers safe with the plan of moving it over myself but would be far less hassle if I had the new car ahead of then.

Comment

Get it now. The plate doesn't make a lot of difference these days. It's the actual date of registration that people look at since the 6 month plate change.

Anyway... we're waiting for pictures
                        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Get it now!
                          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Need to phone them back to let them know when I want to pick up so not even seen the car yet but I’ll get pics up as soon as I see it. Missed the call about it as I was in the Peak District with no signal.

I’m leaning towards just getting it straight away...although it would be nice to to have an 18 plate on the first day!!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                              I drove to Redcar from Perthshire (just under 500 miles round trip) to get my GS, up here Arnold Shark or Vardy cars don't seem to have front and rear parking sensors to any of their cars and they are way more expensive.
                              Found Parkers website great for filtering the exact model spec/colour etc you are looking for. Only cost me my time to go and collect it!
                              I once read Arnold clark and vardy cars are not British spec cars.

Comment

Originally posted by bransoj View Post
                                Need to phone them back to let them know when I want to pick up so not even seen the car yet but I’ll get pics up as soon as I see it. Missed the call about it as I was in the Peak District with no signal.

I’m leaning towards just getting it straight away...although it would be nice to to have an 18 plate on the first day!!
                                Wait two weeks for march 1st if you don't you'll always wish you had waited.

Comment

Working...
                                X