No announcement yet.

Water in boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone tell me where the vent is that's gives the leak in the boot do I need to pull car apart
    siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
      Can someone tell me where the vent is that's gives the leak in the boot do I need to pull car apart
      One either side. Have to pull sides off from around the boot, they are about 3inch x 6 inch. Can't miss them.
      Don't completly seal as they are the ventilation for the entire car. They don't pull out, they push in. Break really easily.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
      Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Cheers buddy

Comment

Cheers buddy
          Is this it

Comment

Is this it
            Yes. One at each side. Make sure all flap are there and working. Gently press them inwards and they release, I then put sealant around and pulled them back into place, then ran a bead of sealant around entire vent.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Don't pull or push on the black triangle bits of plastic, they will break

Comment

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                Yes. One at each side. Make sure all flap are there and working. Gently press them inwards and they release, I then put sealant around and pulled them back into place, then ran a bead of sealant around entire vent.
                How the hell did u get the sealant in there will try cheers buddy

Comment

They push into the rear wing, bang sealant around edge of metal hole and pull vent back.
                  On the drivers side I actually managed to run some door sealant strip around the sides of the vent and pull it back onto hole, was tight but worked.

Comment

Also it's a messy finger [emoji867] job [emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                    X