Water in boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
    Bought new clips £12.28, stripped down as per pictorial. Removed caps and siliconed, then replaced. Just as a precaution I ran a bead of silicone around the outside of the caps, and along the weld seams. Don't know if it sorted as the sun has now came out. I'll post how it went, hopefully my issue is resolved. Many thanks for the advice given.. Merry Christmas all.
    Mine's still bone dry after this repair so hopefully yours will be.

Merry Xmas to you too and everyone else in the club.

[emoji319][emoji300][emoji320][emoji300][emoji319]

Comment

Checked out the boot this morning, bone dry!! Only problem was, when lifted the tailgate, it all pissed in from the outside, what a bummer. Anyway, at least the fix is done, again, many thanks for the advice given..

Comment

Checked out the boot this morning, bone dry!! Only problem was, when lifted the tailgate, it all pissed in from the outside, what a bummer. Anyway, at least the fix is done, again, many thanks for the advice given..
        Top job [emoji106]

Comment

top tip for that problem small thin piping from left to right just small enough to push under the glass then the water shouldnt go any where near the boot

Comment

Originally posted by emmamatt38 View Post
            top tip for that problem small thin piping from left to right just small enough to push under the glass then the water shouldnt go any where near the boot
            I was thinking about that as a solution, any pointers as to the piping to use?

Comment

Just giving this a try today...

Got all the clips from Ebay, cost approx £13.00.. The leak was slowly getting worse and worse and I could not figure out where it was coming from.. Brought a boot liner to save from problems with the damp, which has proved invaluable..

Thanks for your post..., hoping this fixes it for me...

Colin

Comment

Done mine as per pictorial from scoobs, excellent advice. It's now bone dry, even after the severe rain we've had. Funnily enough, I only noticed the water after I bought a boot liner, then noticed it was collecting along the parcel shelf supports and dripping into the boot area. Simple but effective fix. You'll have to post how it went..

Comment

Works!

Originally posted by ColinA View Post

Got all the clips from Ebay, cost approx £13.00.. The leak was slowly getting worse and worse and I could not figure out where it was coming from.. Brought a boot liner to save from problems with the damp, which has proved invaluable..

Colin
                  It worked!, we have had very heavy rain for two days now and not a drip...

When I took the two oval bungs out, I must say that I could not see how they would leak in anyway.., they seemed to be sealed really well...

One thing that was a big help was a Trim Removal Tool to get the old studs out...

Many, many thanks for the advice..., job done

Comment

Just to join club...last few days problem with water in boot got serious.
                    Will post when I do repair...

Todey I did all the work.

Problem is plastic cover with unadecvant sealent.

First you have to remove 5 plastic clips that hold plastic cover where hinges are and remove cover...

Locate plastic grommets, if you tap them you will see them move...

Remove plastic grommets, first trim sealant(just in case)...

Clean holes so new sealant can stick nice...

Clean covers from old stuff, using hair dryer will help soften material...

Use silicone sealant, put grommet back in place, sealant that pops out smear around for perfect seal

Put back plastic cover and 5 plastic clips, for safety I put little sealent on rubber seal on every clip.
                    Job done!
                    Last edited by Oggy; 03-05-2019, 12:49 PM. Reason: Job done

Comment

I can confirm I had this exact issue water running in down the C pillar, wheel weel filled with water and could see the water running down from the C pillar trims.
                      Cleaned and resealed these little caps with some general black silicone and all seems to be good now.
                      Just got leave the car to dry out properly, put a few de-humidifiers in there too to help draw the moisture out!

Comment

Originally posted by Balldropper View Post
                        I can confirm I had this exact issue water running in down the C pillar, wheel weel filled with water and could see the water running down from the C pillar trims.
                        Cleaned and resealed these little caps with some general black silicone and all seems to be good now.
                        Just got leave the car to dry out properly, put a few de-humidifiers in there too to help draw the moisture out!
                        I need to try this fix, water in my wheel well again, so wasn't side vents as thought. We'll may be but this is worth doing anyway.

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
                        Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

Originally posted by ColinA View Post

Colin
                          Hi what are the clips called
                          siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

Clips required...

Originally posted by Smig64 View Post
                            Hi what are the clips called
                            These were the ones from the link earlier in this post.. (Page 1)

When you lift the plastic cover you will ruin the plastic clips (Part number 13275952 x 3 for top and Part no 13336985 x 2 for sides ) You will see some welding and 2 rectangular plastic caps. I put some silicon around the caps and over the welds and problem solved. Hope this will be helpful.

Hope that helps... I just coundn't see how mine was leaking, the seal looked perfect, but I took it all off and then did the repair as per this thread and haven't had a problem since...

Colin

Comment

Cheers buddy
                              siggy 1.6 vx line from sunny Dumbarton few mods to do to get it how I want it

Comment

This happened on my old SRI and is happening on my replacement siggy again. It's taken a year before its shown up though! The clips are pretty pricey for what they are. Tried to get away with some crappy ones from The Range of all places but they are just a bit too small.

For anyone who has this problem, check your spare wheel well for water too as most of the water leaks down the body of the car behind all the lining and ends up in there. Those little droplets are normally the tip of the iceberg. I found an inch of water in there when i was away for work for 3 months!

Comment

Working...
                                X