Water in boot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water in boot

Morning all. Just been in my boot and noticed water droplets on the boot liner? Looking around I noticed a slight build up of water on the parcel shelf supports the shelf itself is dry, so it's not condensation from the rear window. When opening the tailgate after its been raining or washed I always get a lot of water falling down around the boot area. What would cause this ingress of water, and what is the cure, it's a pain as it is there every time it rains, I've been wiping the water up when it happens, but to no avail. It's not a major problem as it's just a few drops, but I'm worried that it might get worse.

Is this just droplets from when you lift the hatch?
    Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Just to be sure as I recall they weren't available in the UK, your car doesn't happen to have a panorama roof window? They are known to leak...

Comment

Just arrived home from work. Checked the boot after drying it out last night and there's a couple of drops on the boot liner. As I was looking round I noticed a few drops coming down parallel to the boot light and settling on the boot liner, they seem to be coming from around the parcel shelf support, it's only on the passenger side. I've wiped the drops up and I'll try again later. It's not flooding in, just a couple of drops, but I need to identify the problem as it may get worse. I don't have a sun roof.

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
          Just arrived home from work. Checked the boot after drying it out last night and there's a couple of drops on the boot liner. As I was looking round I noticed a few drops coming down parallel to the boot light and settling on the boot liner, they seem to be coming from around the parcel shelf support, it's only on the passenger side. I've wiped the drops up and I'll try again later. It's not flooding in, just a couple of drops, but I need to identify the problem as it may get worse. I don't have a sun roof.
          Could it be the boot seal?

Comment

when I bought my car, there was a lot of water in the boot and the tyre space requested that the boot seal to be replaced and only had few water droplet come in other then that no problems
            upcoming mods: led lights (interior and license plate)- on their way, de-badge front grill, new rims, new audio unit, mud flaps

Comment

On the Vectra C it was quite common to get water in the boot, this was caused by a perished radio antenna seal. Replaced the rubber seal and seal it with silicone under the new rubber seal, boot is dry again. Could be the same on the siggy but less common.

Comment

Checked again this morning after the rainfall. Low and behold, water on the boot liner. Took parcel shelf out and noticed it's collecting along the shelf supports on both sides, then dripping down along the boot side carpets, directly in line with the boot light. This is a pain as I can't see where the ingress is coming from. Is it worth changing the boot seal, but I can't see how it is coming through the boot seal. Any advice would be much appreciated, especially if it snows as forecasted. In short, the leak is collecting on the parcel shelf supports and dripping onto the boot floor, good job I have a plastic liner.

Comment

Try some sealant around the rear washer nozzle first
                  ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I'll give it a go, anything is worth a try.. If it was the shark fin antenna, would the head liner get wet...

Comment

[IMG][/IMG]

This issue has been covered on another forum. I had the same issue with my car but followed these instructions and now bone dry.
                      The problem is under the plastic cover which is at the top of the boot opening and which tucks under the boot seal. When you lift the plastic cover you will ruin the plastic clips (Part number 13275952 x 3 for top and Part no 13336985 x 2 for sides ) You will see some welding and 2 rectangular plastic caps. I put some silicon around the caps and over the welds and problem solved. Hope this will be helpful.

Comment

These are the caps you need to seal, one each side.

Comment

Thanks for the reply scoobs. I will try this, wondered what was under that panel, seems to be the obvious answer. I'll get some new clips from my local VX dealer. I can't attempt this until Sunday morning as I work 12hour shifts and is pitch black when I get home. I'll post how I get on. Many thanks for your help..

Comment

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
                            Thanks for the reply scoobs. I will try this, wondered what was under that panel, seems to be the obvious answer. I'll get some new clips from my local VX dealer. I can't attempt this until Sunday morning as I work 12hour shifts and is pitch black when I get home. I'll post how I get on. Many thanks for your help..
                            Welcome mate. Clips come to about £14.00 so it's a cheap fix [emoji106]

Comment

Bought new clips £12.28, stripped down as per pictorial. Removed caps and siliconed, then replaced. Just as a precaution I ran a bead of silicone around the outside of the caps, and along the weld seams. Don't know if it sorted as the sun has now came out. I'll post how it went, hopefully my issue is resolved. Many thanks for the advice given.. Merry Christmas all.

Comment

Working...
                              X