Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Service DRL / Auto levelling malfunction

Hi all,

Purchased a 2011 Insignia Elite that was initially a cat D from the front end, the person fixing the car swapped the front end to a 2014 with the updated lights & bumper etc.

was driving home and noticed my high beams stopped working and the led DRLs flicker like mad both sides.

Anyone else encountered this issue and managed to resolve it?

Thanks

Any bulb errors on dash,,have they put AFL's in,as that is what your elite would have had before the bump
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Yeah the car has the LED drls on it but they flicker quite a bit if they're on. I wouldn't know if they've put afl's in, how would I tell? Could they not put in the control module for it but still get dipped beams & drls to work?

Comment

Do the lights do a little dance when you turn on the ignition?
        Like right and left, then up and down.
        LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I reckon they've fitted the standard facelift halogen lights,instead of AFL's
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

If that's the case, I'd have to end up getting two new headlights which are the afls?

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              I reckon they've fitted the standard facelift halogen lights,instead of AFL's
              That's what I was thinking.
              LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by Ashley View Post
                If that's the case, I'd have to end up getting two new headlights which are the afls?
                That will be an expensive job...

Comment

Crap... so, any way around this issue such as retrofitting or disabling afl some how?

Comment

How long you had car,,private sale ??

Comment

Private sale, had the car a matter of days. Never thought to check the high beams when inspecting the car and the drls and low beams worked.

Comment

You can still take action with a private sale - easy to take through Small Claims Court.

Perhaps a recoding to go from AFLs?

Comment

Would need to disable afls.
                          Are the head lights a bright white or are they a yellowish colour? If they are yellowish, then you have got standard halogens. Should have been afl as standard on the elite. The guy who did the repair must have gone for the cheaper option. I would say that he must have botched the wires to fit the halogens.

Comment

Can you post a pic of one of your headlights,so we can tell if its a halogen unit

Comment

Headlight plugs are the same ,facelift and pre

Comment

Working...
                              X