Wanting brighter main beam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wanting brighter main beam

Morning all I’m after some brighter bulbs to replace the nightbreaker bulbs I already have. Can anyone advise me on best ones to get and maybe MOT friendly

When you say main beam are you on about the dipped beam? H7 bulb?
    To be honest the osram nightbreakers are one of the best halogen bulbs you can get, next step up would be a xenon system but they are not mot friendly unless you replace the headlights with projectors
    how old are the osram nightbreakers? bulbs do degrade over time, even after a year there is a noticeable difference between a new bulbs and an old bulb

Comment

HIDs ftw.

Comment

I used the Philips Whitevision and Xtreme vision in the car, Whitevision gives a good clear light, with up to 60% more light on the road, The Xtreme vision gives up to 130% more road light. There is a Racing vision as well, gives up to 150% more light. Remember all the upgrade bulbs will not last as long as standard bulbs. I have used Osram before and found them poor compared to the philips.

Comment

Facelift or pre-facelift?

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

I'm currently using Philips Whitevision in my pre facelift, and i've gotta admit that they have got to be the best bulbs i've used in any standard headlight unit..
            Chris

Comment

I used the ring xenon 130 and liked them. I'd certainly give the 150s a go. Not got round to changing any in the Passat.

Comment

Working...
              X