Few things...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Few things...

Evening all, the old girl has taken a bit of a battering recently; stoved it into a hedge last week (anyone got a passenger side headlight and maybe a Sri front bumper for sale?!) and scraped the side on a bail spike a couple of weeks earlier...she’s running a bit rough; doesn’t start cleanly and despite a recent service is now demanding another one. Also noticed that it seems to suddenly run rough between 2000-3000 rpm when accelerating; the whole car vibrates and it doesn’t pick up well, the revs rising sort of lumpy if you get me. It’s done 142k (SRI nav 130 diesel on a 2012) and I’m just wondering if it’s starting to fail?

When you say the car is demanding a service, is this the 'Service Vehicle Soon' warning?
    If so this is actually an engine management light and will need codes read to find any faults, this may highlight a reason for rough running / starting.
    Hope this helps.

Comment

It needs the codes read. Probably come up P2822 check the boost hose for a split in it

Comment

Cheers guys, no Ecu light just service soon when I fire it up

Comment

Is this on an Insignia?

Comment

Originally posted by MadOnVaux! View Post
            Is this on an Insignia?
            It is mate yes

Comment

Originally posted by thom_jones View Post
              It is mate yes
              ahh ok, just that this section is 'non-insignia'

Comment

Update...had it in today and the garage have said it’s Donald ducked... list of faults as long as my arm...it’s going!

Comment

That's a shame.....What do you fancy? Another Insignia or something different?
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Tbh it’s the first Vauxhall I’ve owned after a long run of jap cars and I’ve never had any problems with them...I have a 13 year old avensis petrol with nearly 200k on the clock and the most I’ve spent on that (other than servicing) in 5 years was a calliper off eBay for £20!so in short back to the japs...maybe a type r or t sport celica

Comment

Working...
                    X