This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RBH View Post
    Go and read it again and see if there's anything in what I've written is out of order.
    "I" never said there was, "I" was just having some banter with what seemed like something that could escalate.
    I love your sense of humour, a few more could do with growing some .

MATTG - 2016 - 2.0 ELITE 170
    Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

• Originally posted by MattG View Post
      "I" never said there was, "I" was just having some banter with what seemed like something that could escalate.
      I love your sense of humour, a few more could do with growing some .
      It's hard to escalate the truth.......as there's nothing to escalate to.
      I was merely stating a fact.

Too many people join these forums to get what they can get from them without giving anything back.

I've seen it on the old vectra sport forum many many years ago, right through vvoc, club vec and now on here.

They join, get an answer to their issue and piss off into the darkness until their ride develops another fault and they raise their heads into the light once more.

I'm not one of these members......hence my answer.

As Mark stated about the COTM over 2000 members and only 20 or so voted.....utter shite.
      This isn't how a forum survives.
      Sorry but I like to have some banter, nae, a lot of banter to make it fun and also share my limited knowledge I've had over the 30 odd years I've had with cars but maybe I've run my course.

Comment

It's hard to escalate the truth.......as there's nothing to escalate to.
        I was merely stating a fact.

Too many people join these forums to get what they can get from them without giving anything back.

I've seen it on the old vectra sport forum many many years ago, right through vvoc, club vec and now on here.

They join, get an answer to their issue and piss off into the darkness until their ride develops another fault and they raise their heads into the light once more.

I'm not one of these members......hence my answer.

As Mark stated about the COTM over 2000 members and only 20 or so voted.....utter shite.
        This isn't how a forum survives.
        Sorry but I like to have some banter, nae, a lot of banter to make it fun and also share my limited knowledge I've had over the 30 odd years I've had with cars but maybe I've run my course.
        NOOOOO. Ya never passed it. I agree its hard when people just trawl threads to get answers, but that is one of the reasons why forums like this exist in my eyes. I like to post about everything and anything, maybe just maybe something will help somebody one day.
        Sometimes people can't post or talk that much, i know people who are afraid to because their other half wouldn't like it .
        I havn't been a member long, hey had car a month today . But i try to join in every thread i feel i can contribute to. I would sooner not say nothing if i think my information is wrong or i just plain don't know.
        Need to think of ways of getting more people to vote and be active, maybe something like a free key ring for voting 12 times etc.

Usual Elite specification;Dancing lights, up/down windows, sliding seats, on board atlas, slippery seats, musical bumpers, storm detectors, tubeless radio, female knight rider communication system, all seeing windscreen, cherry air freshener, auto moaning passengers, learner driver, shiny door pins, rear boom box, Heko smoked window hats, rear window sunglasses, 10 million candle flame reversing lights, matching number plate lights, shiny pedals, front and rear all seeing eyes, fully integrated interrogation system, empty bank account .

Comment

And why's that?

Is it coz I have a sense of humour, post up and participate in the forum?

Or would you rather I just read threads and stay silent like most of you on here?
          Said in jest fella, no offence meant.

Comment

• Although I'm behind you, RBH and couldn't have put comment #214 any better myself, I need to also have puppet's back as it was clear to me he was jesting. He's been around a while now and always tries to join in on the silly sections on the forum. I think you just misunderstood his comment. Him using one of the smallest smilies didn't help either

Shake hands fellas....You're a couple of the good guys on here who are on the same page!
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Cheers marko301.

As you say, I think things have just been taken out of context a little. More than happy to just chalk it up to experience and move on. Again RBH, apologies if I caused offence. We must have crossed paths for over 5 years now between Vec-C and also on here, hopefully you know I'm not one to upset folk on purpose.

For what it's worth, I do also agree about the folk that just dip in and out of forums when they want help or info. Sadly it's just the nature of the beast though, and there's very little can be done about it.

Comment

• **** me spit yer dummy out why dont you.

Comment

• Right I'll put this one to bed seeing as it turned sour at the end.

Originally posted by MattG View Post
                  IV flown 2000 miles for that!
                  Winner is Matt!
                  2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

• Next one,

Comment

• Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                      Next one,

What? Me lazy at work? Your taking the piss!

Comment

Right I'll put this one to bed seeing as it turned sour at the end.

Winner is Matt!
                        Yeah didnt it just ! whats the world coming to if you cant have a bit of banter in the morning

Comment

Next one,

Who can piss on a duck competition

Comment

• Looks like this has died again i wonder why ? maybe peep,s are scared to comment in case someone jumps down there throat for having a bit of good humored banter !!

Comment

• Yeah doesn't take much to kill it. Could be the photo too. I'll try to find something better for the next one.

Comment

• I got one i hope it offends

Comment

Working...
                                X