Value of Preface lift Models

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Value of Preface lift Models

Yes , the value of a 2009 (59 ) is now next to nothing especially with a very high mileage. MY 59 ....CDTI Elite Nav has 192, 342 miles on the clock, but is in a really perfect condition , as has been well maintained by both myself and a local Indy mechanic .
    There is a very long list of modifications i have done over time .I have changed (180,000 mls ) the timing belt , Brake pads , back wheel bearings ,2 x back shocks , Oil pump seals, cleaned the oil pump . Every thing on the car is still working 100%. Most of the journeys have been long trips around the country .
    Book value around £900 with the high mileage.
    So what i will probably do, is keep it as a second hobby car or pass it on to my son.

BMW is my next car.

How much,you did say £900 right,good job your not selling otherwise someone would be getting a bloody bargain especially like you say you have really looked after your pride and joy,give it to your son and let him enjoy it,at least he can enjoy and appreciate what you have done,I am curious as to why you picked a BMW as your next vehicle??

Comment

mass market car like the insignia etc... are big losers on the secondhand market, generally mig milers but that doesn’t mean they’re not good cars i set to lose 18k in 4 years on my grand sport elite but you get a lot of car for the money. I just sold my 64 plate facelift elite for 10k part ex so it had lost 15k in 3 years (50k miles). Small cars hold there money better, as do premium brands especially small ones like my mates 1 series in mid spec and 30k miles on 64 plate was worth £11,500. Many people want the prestige of an audi, bmw and mercs but for me with a family and after having a merc in the passed the insignia is great, its comfortable for long journeys, has more toys and convenience features than a 50k jag, fits all my family or friends in and is reasonable for parts and servicing unlike my old c-class merc. There’s little to knock the insignia for me, ok a few cheaper plastic on the interior and a little more noise as there isn’t as much sound proofing but really thats it. The new gs is so much more refined and quiet than my facelift that actually there’s little between it and more premium cars anyway and if you want 5 series sound proofing you can buy a kit fitted for £300. So you know what if you’re car is only worth £900 but is great and worth more to you keep it [emoji846]

Comment

Exactly ......i will be keeping it ,as if sold or part X ...someone would be getting a real bargain, there is not pressure to sell it and i have the driveway space and a decent workshop to maintain and park it . It really has been a comfortable motorway cruiser and has never let me down .
        Cars do depreciate terribly in the UK as the market is so driven by new car sales . I stand corrected but think there are 39,000,955 cars , trucks , buses registered in the UK , with year on year increases especially over the last 15 years.

Comment

Had Bmw s before and need to spoil myself

Comment

Originally posted by umfaan View Post
            Exactly ......i will be keeping it ,as if sold or part X ...someone would be getting a real bargain, there is not pressure to sell it and i have the driveway space and a decent workshop to maintain and park it . It really has been a comfortable motorway cruiser and has never let me down .
            Cars do depreciate terribly in the UK as the market is so driven by new car sales . I stand corrected but think there are 39,000,955 cars , trucks , buses registered in the UK , with year on year increases especially over the last 15 years.
            Its a nice car and still a looker today especially compared to other 2008/9 cars, servicing and parts are reasonable, its comfortable too if anything it’s a seriously under rated car so if you have the space keep it [emoji846]

Comment

Yeah , you right ....good looking car , comfortable, reliable , ,tons of parts in the Breakers yards, more value to me ......

Comment

£900 is not bad value considering the age and mileage. I received £1500 for my vec c sri 1.9cdti 150 07 plate in march 2014 with 112k on the clock. That's when i partex for this siggy

Comment

Working...
                X