Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ptfe engine oil treatments

is it worth using a ptfe engine oil treatment like say slick 50
    also being a dexos 2 does anyone know if it would conflict with the dexos 2 oil

im now in process of doing the oil pickup seal car stripped down ready to fit the seal
    so need to find out the sump bolt torque setting does anyone know ?

thanks for reading

You don't say whether you are Petrol or Diesel If diesel they are:-
    M6 Bolts 9 nm
    M8 " 25 nm
    M10 " 40 nm
    The petrol sumps are different.

I personally would add nothing, other than the correct, good quality oil.
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

thanks dave
      i have a insignia estate cdti 160 elite

Comment

I agree with Dave. Good quality oil and regular oil changes is all you need to keep the engine happy

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
          I agree with Dave. Good quality oil and regular oil changes is all you need to keep the engine happy
          Mine has according to the service book had an oil change every 15000 miles and has now done 96000 miles. Was thinking of reducing this to every 10000 or should i do it sooner??

Comment

I do 15-20k a year so i do an oil and oil filter change every 6mnths. Im on 115k and when i had the sump off the other day the internals looked great. I plan on keeping the car for another 5 years/100k miles before i give it away or scrap it

Comment

Originally posted by Mo_miah View Post
              I do 15-20k a year so i do an oil and oil filter change every 6mnths. Im on 115k and when i had the sump off the other day the internals looked great. I plan on keeping the car for another 5 years/100k miles before i give it away or scrap it
              Do you have trouble with the sump plug I've had to replace mine a couple of times, on my last Insignia, they seem to be a very soft makeup. Not like my Omega, that used an Allen key and not a spanner Maybe it's my age.
              Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

i always use a hex socket rather than a star socket but yes i think they are quite soft metal

Comment

On a 193,000 miles ..CDTI nav ..2009....still going well ,changed oil seal about 5000 miles ago ...car is in very good condition so will keep it as have another car, that I can keep the mileage down on and use the Insignia daily .

Comment

Originally posted by Plym Ian View Post
                    Mine has according to the service book had an oil change every 15000 miles and has now done 96000 miles. Was thinking of reducing this to every 10000 or should i do it sooner??
                    I do an oil change every 6 months or about 7k miles

Comment

It's up to you, I Change mine every 10,000 Miles.
                      Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Working...
                      X