D.p.f warning on dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• D.p.f warning on dash

Morning all, just popped out and my dpf warning was present on the dash readout. I shot up and down a452 twice in 2nd and 3rd gear, then it cleared. I only go to work and shopping on my day off, so this may be an ongoing problem.

Originally posted by Arfa View Post
    Morning all, just popped out and my dpf warning was present on the dash readout. I shot up and down a452 twice in 2nd and 3rd gear, then it cleared. I only go to work and shopping on my day off, so this may be an ongoing problem.
    This issue will be common at the moment. Mooching around in ice and snow at low revs is no good for dpfs

Comment

You don't need to thrash it in low gears to regenerate the DPF.
      Actually I think it's better not to thrash a car with a clogged DPF because thrashing it will chuck even more soot into the DPF (have you seen the smokescreen that a non-DPF diesel will lay down if thrashed?).
      The best way to regenerate a DPF is with prolonged high speed (20 minutes at 70mph in 5th or 6th - whatever puts the rpms between 2100-2500rpm) since the faster your speed the greater the load on the engine and the hotter the engine and DPF gets which helps the regen.

Comment

Originally posted by 2000rpm View Post
        Actually I think it's better not to thrash a car with a clogged DPF because thrashing it will chuck even more soot into the DPF (have you seen the smokescreen that a non-DPF diesel will lay down if thrashed?).
        The best way to regenerate a DPF is with prolonged high speed (20 minutes at 70mph in 5th or 6th - whatever puts the rpms between 2100-2500rpm) since the faster your speed the greater the load on the engine and the hotter the engine and DPF gets which helps the regen.
        Exactly my point. Not managed above 40 for 3 days in the midlands

Comment

Originally posted by JVCElite View Post
          Exactly my point. Not managed above 40 for 3 days in the midlands
          I loved my Astra Bi-Turbo (2.0 diesel, same as Insignia Bi-T) but I was always a bit on edge regarding when the next regen would happen and whether it would be at a very inconvenient time.
          Then 'Dieselgate' put the writing on the wall for diesels.
          Then I found what I had been looking for (a nice example of Insignia Elite 2.8T V6 4x4).
          Now we don't have any diesel cars in our household.

Comment

I loved my Astra Bi-Turbo (2.0 diesel, same as Insignia Bi-T) but I was always a bit on edge regarding when the next regen would happen and whether it would be at a very inconvenient time.
            Then 'Dieselgate' put the writing on the wall for diesels.
            Then I found what I had been looking for (a nice example of Insignia Elite 2.8T V6 4x4).
            Now we don't have any diesel cars in our household.
            I was always in the petrol stable. Swore blind I would never get a diesel.

And here I am with a 2.0 cdti.

I just really fancied one despite all the issues

Comment

Glad its not just me then that thinks all the advice of 4th gear on the motorway for 20mins is a load of bull. Just go for a normal drive so its hot

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                Glad its not just me then that thinks all the advice of 4th gear on the motorway for 20mins is a load of bull. Just go for a normal drive so its hot
                Same here! if i notice it doing a regen, i'll drop a cog to get the revs closer to 2000 and never had a problem for the last 30,000 miles and it does one every 400-500 miles.

2015 SRI 2.0CDTI ecoderp hatch

Comment

Came across this DPF cleaner today.
                  http://www.jlmlubricants.com/en/prod...-cleaner-375ml

Comment

or a pot of luck if you get any issues .

Comment

Working...
                    X