Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Engine under tray yes/no ?

All

I can’t find the answer to this after search on here.

I have a a 2015 2.0 Cdti 170 which I have been told is the new whisper Diesel engine.

My question is should it have and under tray or not ?

It currently doesn’t and I brought it 6 months old.

Feed back would be great on this and if needed I will buy one.

Cheers all.

Mine has one MY2013 face lift
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

As far as I am aware, the undertray helps with sound deadening, yours being the whisper engine, maybe it does not need one. Take a look under the car and see if all the fixings are there, if they are then maybe someone has forgot to replace the undertray.
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I’ve got the same engine on a MY16 car. I’ll have a look for you tomorrow and see if mine has one

Comment

Was under the impression all the diesels have them
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Mat View Post
            I’ve got the same engine on a MY16 car. I’ll have a look for you tomorrow and see if mine has one
            If you open the bonnet and look down, you should be able to tell if you have the undertray fitted. If you can see straight through to the road then you don’t have one fitted.
            LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
              Was under the impression all the diesels have them
              Me too,Petrols don't have them.
              Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
              Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I haven’t got one fitted, I have checked and can see through, that’s what I am looking for an answer for , should it have one !

Comment

Don't think it makes any difference tbh,can be a pain when servicing/repairs.
                  Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                  Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Perhaps its so the mot testers can see if the DPF has been removed

Comment

Originally posted by ozzyVX View Post
                      I haven’t got one fitted, I have checked and can see through, that’s what I am looking for an answer for , should it have one !
                      Just checked mine. Same car but also no cover. Must be the B20DTH engines

Comment

The undertray is there on an ecoflex to allow the air to pass under the car more efficiently.

I got one on the front all the way to the rear suspension.

Comment

Guys

Thank you, thanks for the reply’s and I am not at ease 😂

Cheers

Comment

Or go to the parts department of a dealers with your VIN and get them to check if it should have one.

Comment

"Witty" is quite right, they were fitted to reduce noise.

As yours is the whisper engine i doubt it will be required.

Comment

Working...
                              X