Dealership Experiences

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealership Experiences

Wouldnt touch Bristol Street in Chesterfield with a barge pole after various bad experiences with recalls, work and sales on my ST and the wifes Corsa. We actually opted to travel to Pentagon in Derby to buy the wifes new Astra and they were far better!

County Motor Works in Chelmsford Essex. Brought my Siggi through them and found the sales guy very helpful, no pressure sale at all. all throughout the sales process was A*

And when I needed the modified valve (makes the Siggi hum without it) this was replaced no quibble and there and then when I took car back in.

Only thing I would say is their visitor parking is very tight and not always a space, if you have the sensors fitted all good
    Live to ride, Ride to live

Comment

Service dept in Peter Vardy Motherwell were always good with me!

Comment

Like Scotty I get on well with Peter Vardy Motherwell. I live on the other side of the City from them but will continue to go there for new cars.

Comment

None, don't trust any of them atm.

Comment

del19_82, on 31 October 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:
            Like Scotty I get on well with Peter Vardy Motherwell. I live on the other side of the City from them but will continue to go there for new cars.

Interesting to hear, I'm in Paisley and getting seriously pissed off with AC - again!

Looking for alternatives and if these guys are ok then might give them a try next service, sod the distance as I'll be retired then - could be a wee day trip

Comment

JCT 600 (bradford) Have been good to me for over 10 years, but i recently had the battery changed (start stop issues) and i think the technician put the battery cover back on with a hammer! It was smashed to FooK!??I haven't complained, as i only noticed it this weekend, after topping up the wash wipe fluid......

Comment

Kervaig, on 03 November 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:
                Interesting to hear, I'm in Paisley and getting seriously pissed off with AC - again!

Looking for alternatives and if these guys are ok then might give them a try next service, sod the distance as I'll be retired then - could be a wee day trip

I travel over from pollok, doesn't take too long. Always had great service with them and I refuse to go to Arnold Shark after myself, my dad and my brother all bought cars on the same day a few years ago and they refused to give us any sort of extra. Never use them again!

Comment

Kervaig, on 03 November 2014 - 07:44 PM, said:

Looking for alternatives and if these guys are ok then might give them a try next service, sod the distance as I'll be retired then - could be a wee day trip />

Arnold clark crow road has sorted all my siggy problems out. Got me a new gear box for my out of warranty siggy and gave me ?200 towards my 20% payment of the new box. And they where all nice people. I hated going to Linwood AC custom service not very helpful.

Comment

Gave up with Linwood years ago, currently hacked of with Pollokshields lot. Just getting pissed of with AC in general.

Was looking to buy a new Fiesta last year (for my wife) and couldn't believe the bullshit from AC - Q. never mind the book mpg what's in like under real life conditions A. easily get over 100mpg - aye right **** off and goodbye.

Ended up with an excellent deal from Macklin in Darnley

Comment

I don't think there many great dealership about mate.

Comment

sadly you're probably right

just a question of finding the least bad

Comment

Kervaig, on 06 November 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:
                          Gave up with Linwood years ago, currently hacked of with Pollokshields lot. Just getting pissed of with AC in general.

Was looking to buy a new Fiesta last year (for my wife) and couldn't believe the bullshit from AC - Q. never mind the book mpg what's in like under real life conditions A. easily get over 100mpg - aye right **** off and goodbye.

Ended up with an excellent deal from Macklin in Darnley

One of my friends bought a brand new fiesta ST from them, messed her about on the waiting time & then to top it off put the plates from a Renault Capture on it instead of hers (one letter of a difference). There was a whole range of excuses as you would expect from them.

Comment

Had to use Bristol Street in Chesterfield again and again they've managed to annoy me!

Had a recall on the wifes new Astra to re-program the instrument cluster for something to do with the TPMS side of things. We bought the car from Pentagon in Derby after a poor sales experience in Chesterfield at Bristol Street but for this with them being 2 mins from where i work it was easier to book in there.

Dropped it off ok with them saying it would be ready at 11am. Get a phone call 20mins after dropping it off saying no car pass card in the car and i'd need to phone Pentagon to get it as i didnt buy the car from Chesterfield so its not on their records. Half an hour messing about with Pentagons switchboard to get to the right place and they just let me have them over the phone so then another 15mins being passed around the Bristol Street phone system i finally speak to someone who knows about it and they take the codes from me.??

Just picked the car up and checked the wallet with the manual etc in there and inside the front cover was the car pass card clear in view. Looks like they've just checked the glove box, couldnt see it so not bothered looking any further when it was just under the passenger seat and let me waste plenty of time this morning getting the info which i'm fairly sure they could have got a lot quicker!

I keep giving them chances but they keep annoying me....at least this time they didnt phone my wife to say her car was unroadworthy only for it to pass an MOT 2 days later with no issues like they did the last recall we used them for on her Corsa!

Comment

I'm over in East London and my local retailer is Tony Levoi in Romford, Essex.??So far so good they have been really good.

I'm a new driver, starting driving in November 2014 and late November I got a used 07 plate Vectra 1.8i VVT Exclusiv. Needless to say I wasn't pleased with the second hand garage that sold it to me - although I had done my checks and found bold tyres, I was told these would be replaced before I buy the vehicle. So come back a week later, I put my trust in the garage and bought it off them for ?1700.

Couple of days later I notice smoke coming out of the bonnet, so I go get it checked out with a local garage, I was told it was oil that may have been dropped during a service so I left it for a couple of weeks, eventually it kept on happening so I went straight to Tony Levoi Vauxhall. They were quite efficient and done their diagnostics - found a lot more wrong with the car than I had expected..

Oil leak behind the exhaust manifold

2 bold tyres (silly me, I should have checked this before buying it, but I guess I was a new driver so I just trusted the guy I bought it from)

Anti roll link - it had excess movement in the joint

Both number plate lights out (although they were working when I first bought it, so wiring issues)

Got all of it fixed in 3 days, got it back and there was a noticeable difference! I must say, was expensive, at around ?600 getting it all fixed.. but at least I was satisfied that it actually had been fixed!

-------------

Now I've ordered a brand new Insignia diesel. The real good thing was that the sales person didn't pressure me into anything - I loved the test drive with the sales person telling me everything I needed to know. Good stuff from these guys, really professional and are straight to the point.

Comment

Working...
                              X