Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DVD NAV800 - replace with Android headunit?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD NAV800 - replace with Android headunit?

Hi there,

I have a 2009 Elite Nav with the DVD800 system.

I've been looking at updating the sat-nav (its never been done so a bit out of date!) however I'm now pondering the possibility of replacing the whole unit with a new android system - my car doesn't have Bluetooth or reversing camera which I would like if possible.

I've had a search around the forum and it appears the people that have installed an android headunit didn't have Nav originally. Has anyone replaced the DVD800 system with an android one?

thanks
    Chris

Hi Chris, consensus seems to lean towards an android unit especially if you have an android phone. I have the navi 900 on my old facelift and it was brilliant unit for my iPhone, a little slow to boot up yes but most bar the newest and greatest units are. I also believe getting codes etc for the navi900 can be tricky and vauxhall charge for map updates too. So you are probably better going the android route but for me as i hate android I’d go new navi route and stay stock but that’s me [emoji23]

Comment

Unless things have moved on,these aftermarket android nav systems were only compatible with non factory nav cars
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I didn’t know that exclusiv

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
          I didn’t know that exclusiv
          Yeah,you couldn't rip the factory navs out and fit one of these,it won't work
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
            Yeah,you couldn't rip the factory navs out and fit one of these,it won't work
            I don’t understand why they don’t just have 1 loom so you could add any option at a later date if you want, why different for none nav or nav is beyond me! I would like to add the bose but can’t as the wiring isn’t there grr

Comment

It'll be down to cost ,extra wiring = extra money

Comment

Surely it costs more to have 10 different looms but you’re probably right save 10p here and there

Comment

what you need is a android interface I'm looking at them at the moment this is what ive ben quoted so far

You have the special request for Android 6.0 version, the price is same, 170 dollars per set.
                  If you do not insist on Android 6.0 version, Android 4.4 version, the unit price is 150 dollars per set.
                  If you want to get cheaper price, Win CE system, it is just 95 dollars.

ive got a intelilink 900 on a 16 plate and you can swap between systems ( you keep your original screen)

Comment

Dp you have a link to this interfaces?
                    If i understand correctly, i hav eintelilink 900 and if i pay 170 dollars i have my unit upgraded to android version?

Comment

yes and you keep your original sat nav and stuff has well you just press top left corner on screen for a long press and it flips to android

I did a search on Alibaba.com don't forget you will have to pay import duty on the unit if your unlucky

Comment

Do you have any links at all? I've tried searching on Alibaba but haven't got anything yet.......

Comment

Originally posted by valhalla12 View Post
                          yes and you keep your original sat nav and stuff has well you just press top left corner on screen for a long press and it flips to android

I did a search on Alibaba.com don't forget you will have to pay import duty on the unit if your unlucky
                          Well, were would you fit the Android Unit itself because it wouldn’t fit because the oem unit is still there?

Comment

probs behind the glove box don't know to be honest,

could always send a message to the seller

Comment

ok ive taken a punt and just ordered a unit $205 including express shipping

works out at £150 probs will have to pay import on that.

will post up some picks for other intellilink users

when i fit it

Comment

Working...
                              X