2017 Insignia Grand Sport SRi Nav 1.5 Turbo petrol
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Forum Key Rings
    Quote Originally Posted by VxPete View Post
    You would be surprised how much fallout can be on new cars, a lot of times while waiting for shipping and transport they are left by railway lines etc, my dad had a new Toyota CHR and it was pretty bad in terms of general cack coming off the paint

Yeah I was having a laugh.....Mine has been clayed about 4 times now. First time was around 3 weeks from new. I find the body gets more crap on in a summer than winter. The wax holds winter dirt off but summer it gets covered in those little bits of amber shite. Clay removes that quite well. I haven't needed to polish yet because I keep a good layer of wax on.
    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” bi colour alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front sports seats with driver’s AGR - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - OnStar connection - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 incorporating Androidauto/Apple CarPlay and DAB

2. Thanks VxPete Thanked
    Likes Neal_1974 liked
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    Yeah I was having a laugh.....Mine has been clayed about 4 times now. First time was around 3 weeks from new. I find the body gets more crap on in a summer than winter. The wax holds winter dirt off but summer it gets covered in those little bits of amber shite. Clay removes that quite well. I haven't needed to polish yet because I keep a good layer of wax on.
    Yeah summers definitely the worst, i don't get as much time to detail my car these days so I use a sealant on the car, lasts months and keeps the crap off the car a little better

4. Likes marko301 liked
    Car
    67 plate Insignia grand sport Elite Nav
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marko301 View Post
    Never used clay but sounds like i need too

Car
    NIssan Pathfinder Platinum 2009 2.5 DCi
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Finally got to use my shampoo and then a coat of wax this morning the car looks really good , not bad for a quick clean but it was very cold out and just as I was finishing it started to hail so the last section of the roof was a little rushed .
    Roll on summer when I can give it a proper clean

Car
    Insignia 16 Turbo Elite
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Gave up also today on mine,weather turned hail,sleet and snow,but did manage to wash/dry.Fusso is still beading from last August!
    Insignia 16 T Elite,Royal Blue non Nav.Elite Spec:
    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel RearIindicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3