What pressure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What pressure

i have a 61 plate 2lt ecoflex insignia the car is mainly used by just myself, what tyre pressure would be best suited for me and the car am thinking maybe 37 all round?

any suggestions welcome

What size wheels you running on?..
    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

I'm also driving mostly alone in my car, but used the "eco" tire pressure as indicated on the sticker in the car. I have 18" rims but don't think the ride is too firm, even with the standard sport suspension. I do have flexride.

Comment

I have just upgraded to 18s, and am running 34psi all round at the moment. I was thinking of trying 38 in the front, and a couple of pounds less in the rear. The ride seems smooth enough, and it's usually just me in the car.

Comment

One guide that I usually follow is, rim diameter x2 +2 psi.

So therefore, 18” wheel would be 38 psi.
          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

ah forgot the bloody wheel size am on 17's so 37 ain't a million miles out.

Comment

Originally posted by chili View Post
              i have a 61 plate 2lt ecoflex insignia the car is mainly used by just myself, what tyre pressure would be best suited for me and the car am thinking maybe 37 all round?

any suggestions welcome
              Check on Door pillar at front passenger side.
              It’ll give you tyre pressure info.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Wullie View Post
                Check on Door pillar at front passenger side.
                It’ll give you tyre pressure info.
                indeed it does in Kpa, wtf is Kpa when am at the garage blowin them up

Comment

37 psi is about 255 kilopascals.

Comment

I have mine at 37 front and 42 rear as per the sticker on the door frame and is eco. Mine is a tourer if that makes any difference

Comment

found my handbook they state 43 all round thats eco with upto 3 people
                      full load is 32 front 39 rear
                      comfort with upto 3 people is 32 front 29 rear

engine is a20dth 2lt 160 ecoflex manual

Comment

If you run eco pressures, with just you in the car, you will have increased wear on the centre of the tyres, slightly less grip, and have a slightly harder ride. I would like you hear from anyone who has a recommended pressure, based on experience.

Comment

If your flying solo you should be looking around 32 front and back

Comment

Same here,32-34 all round.
                            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

surely just look in the manual or door pillar??

Comment

Working...
                              X