X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New cambelt kit and water pump fixed this noise for me [emoji106]

Comment

Getting my cambelt done on Thursday.

£279.00 fixed price from a Vauxhall dealer.

Water pump a further £103.00[this includes service club discount] if fitted at the same time.

Comment

My mate fitted it for £40, belt kit and pump cost me £124 all in. Gates aswell

Comment

Driving like a brand new car again he was saying with age the old belt stretches knocking timing out minutely but what a difference the new kit has made

Comment

I'm having mine done soon, 6yrs/70k
            CDTI 2.0 A20DTH

I'm ordering from Ebay and local mechanic is fitting it.
            Cam belt kit £75
            Aux belt £16
            +Coolant

Don't know if I need an Aux belt pulley.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gates-Pow...yjR1#vi-ilComp

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Gates-Mul...yjRm#vi-ilComp

Comment

My thinking is, that for safety or engine related components the cheapest usually is not the best and could prove expensive.

Always in the past i have done these things myself, using dealer supplied parts. As i now have a lifetime warranty, and with the history of these engines, i leave it to the dealer.
              No fuss then if a claim arises.

Comment

Not always true though, the water pumps that the dealers supply are made of plastic and after only a few thousand miles start to chaff on cold mornings, however the gates / eena kits are made of metal and have better internal components. So personally I can’t agree on that one pal

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                  Not always true though, the water pumps that the dealers supply are made of plastic and after only a few thousand miles start to chaff on cold mornings, however the gates / eena kits are made of metal and have better internal components. So personally I can’t agree on that one pal
                  +1 Very, very true.
                  Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

Can't go wrong with a Gates kit.
                    Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
                    Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

Working...
                    X