Clunking on tickover - 1.6 Diesel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clunking on tickover - 1.6 Diesel

Anyone else experienced similar. Clunking noise on tickover - only when hot. Calms when clutch pressed.

I’m pretty confident it’s a clutch bearing, garage think flywheel - but ‘can’t really hear anything’ and ‘want to let it develop some’ so they can make an exact diagnosis.

Not ideal!!

Car done 29k miles and just over 2 years old.

Either way, it’s a bit premature for either fault!

I'd say its something else, the flywheel is spinning at all times when the engine is running, clutch in or out so wont (i dont think) make a difference. If it was the release bearing it would only occur with clutch in and there would be a rough feel through the clutch pedal when pressed. With the low age and mileage I dont know what it could be though.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
      I'd say its something else, the flywheel is spinning at all times when the engine is running, clutch in or out so wont (i dont think) make a difference. If it was the release bearing it would only occur with clutch in and there would be a rough feel through the clutch pedal when pressed. With the low age and mileage I dont know what it could be though.
      If it was the flywheel you would normally get a vibration on the pedal when depressed

Comment

Working...
      X