alarm keeps going off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• alarm keeps going off

picked up a 61 se nav sports tourer 2 weeks ago.
    every now and then, the alarm will go off while the car is on the driveway.
    just happened again tonight, and it was 3 hours from when it was parked up. the last time it went off, it was about the same amount of time from the the car being parked up.
    no attmpted theft, can see the car from my front room, live in a quiet area.

The rear boot on the ST has a motor to fully close the boot door. If the boot door is not closed sufficiently the motor will not engage and the alarm may think the door has been opened. I've often closed the boot, then hopped into the car, closed the drivers door, only to hear the motor closing the boot - the air pressure on closing the drivers door triggering the boot switch to close. A possibility.

Comment

its a powered tailgate, so always fully closes.

Comment

Or so you think. Or it thinks.

Comment

Powered tailgate no different to manuals regarding locking mechanism. They have been subject to a recall regarding strut failing.

Comment

How can I find out about recalls and if my car as had them done or not?

Comment

Originally posted by daz7505 View Post
              How can I find out about recalls and if my car as had them done or not?
              Send your reg in an email to Vauxhall's customer service dept,they'll let you know if it's up to date
              ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

With the insignia if the alarm goes off and you dont have the indicators going with it, it could be the battery in the alarm thats flat and. I think i read the rear parking sensor ecu behind the bumper fills with water and sets it off as well as its on the same circuit.
                Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Indicators flash when alarm goes off and it doesn't have parking sensors

Comment

Just checked with Vauxhall, all recalls up to date. They reckon it may be the battery in the power sounder. They want to book it in and run diagnostics first. Would opcom diagnose this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by daz7505 View Post
                      Just checked with Vauxhall, all recalls up to date. They reckon it may be the battery in the power sounder. They want to book it in and run diagnostics first. Would opcom diagnose this issue?
                      I've read about this fault. The terminals corrode or something causing the alarm to go off due to failing battery back-up

Comment

TPMS module failure / water ingress leads to this as well, the only items on that LIN BUS are the power sounder and the TPMS module. If it fails it causes the sounder to go off and lights flash but no record of alarm being made. There was a technical service bulletin about the issue.

Do you have TPMS?

Comment

What's tpms

Comment

Tyre pressure monitoring system
                            ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Ok. Occasionally comes up with front tyre pressure inbalance fault

Comment

Working...
                              X