• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But what is the LED trick ???????
    Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

It’s where they wire an led to the rear window de mister which comes on when doing the regen. However, when mine is doing a regen I notice the car feels a whole world different and recognise it immediately and also it idles at 1000 rather than 750 during a regen.

Comment

As above you can definitely spot the difference in how the car is driving when they happen. The idle being higher is one way to tell plus if you check the instant consumption readout it’s normally at 0.4 to 0.6 gallons per hour when idling instead of 0.1 or 0.2.

Comment

Someone on this site pointed me towards a video on YouTube on how to do it,really simple even for someone with sausage fingers like mine,take the door tweeter speaker off locate plug for door mirror unplug and find the black and brown wire,once done to test it just turn rear demister on and off simples

Comment

Or like in my Insignia just go to top consumers screen and if demister there its doing a regen [emoji23]

Comment

Unfortunately I don't have that option

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
                I suspect it's been removed,,mine regens religiously every fortnight (500mls) and my previous Sig was the same
                Why would anyone remove it?

Comment

Because they block up religiously if not looked after so some people take them out

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
                    Because they block up religiously if not looked after so some people take them out
                    I thought they were law, never had a problem with my old one in my ecoflex facelift but i did 16k miles a year so presume that kept it clean, have petrol now so hopefully no problem but boy is petrol worse on fuel than diesel, i know i have a new engine that requires running in and my commute is all stop start driving but 14mpg worse so far [emoji15]

Still cant see why people take them off surely they’re there for pollution

Comment

Yeah they are but when they do block they can cause all sorts of damage with back pressure etc.. really can damage an engine, I’ve take one off one of my old cars and what a different motor it was but have to put a dummy in place for mot

Comment

Never heard of the problem before but strangely enough my bosses wife is having problems with her skoda diesel. I hear you get cleaner fluids for it and halfords do a clean for £35

Comment

Had plenty of issues with mine going into limp mode relating to the dpf including it blowing the turbo pipe in the south of France as we set off to come home. Main reason our new grand Sport Tourer is the 1.5 petrol one.

Mechanic advised me a while back to get it removed and remapped but said I didn’t want too. I’m lucky my uncle had a garage and I can get the forced regens done for nowt or it’d have cost me a fortune. Plenty of places offering different cleaning options for a variety of prices down to taking it off yourself and popping it in a bucket of Coca Cola apparently. They are a royal pain in the backside once they do start playing up and a new one is £2000+ apparently.

Comment

Wow thats bloody expensive, didn’t have a problem myself but went petrol this time due to all these low emission zones about to come in to force in 18/19 possibly making my euro5 ecoflex worth dick all by the time the finance was paid off. But have heard pdf’s can be problematic

Comment

Uncle says they are seeing more and more dpf issues. There was that push on them with lower tax rates due to better economy with diesels do folk bought them not really realising they weren’t suited for everyday round town driving. Now a few years down the line they are having issues plus now diesel is the fuel of the devil and going to be extra taxes etc on it. As you say value of old diesels another reason I’ve changed to petrol now.

Comment

Same i had 3 yrs left of my finance so the car would be worthless so changed, i am liking the petrol, it’s smother, quieter but it isn’t as economical

Comment

Working...
                                X