Dpf question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dpf question

Hi all,my question is this,do all the insignia diesel's have the dpf,I only ask because I have done the led trick as soon as I bought the car, and not once have I seen it light up,it lights up if I put the rear demister on,I was wondering if mine has a dpf or has the previous owner taken it off,this is my first diesel car,where would I locate the dpf to see if it's fitted or not???? Thanks in advance and please excuse my ignorance.

Yes they all have them,,could have been removed,cut open,gutted,then welded back up,then put back on the car and deleted off the ECU ,how long have you had it ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

If it’s gone mate don’t worry you will live 5 years longer without the added stress they cause [emoji23]

Comment

Originally posted by Jordaninsignia14 View Post
        If it’s gone mate don’t worry you will live 5 years longer without the added stress they cause [emoji23]
        Only cause stress for the owners who don't let them complete regens
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Hi,I have had the car for 3 half months now,don't get me wrong there is nothing wrong with the car,just been reading about the dpf and like I said not once has the led come on or any form of message to say otherwise strange very strange??

Comment

I suspect it's been removed,,mine regens religiously every fortnight (500mls) and my previous Sig was the same

Comment

If it has gone then be warned that new MOT testing equipment is on the way that can tell its been removed...which will mean huge bills to have a new one fitted and a new re map...

Not sure when its coming but it is...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickosnose View Post
                If it has gone then be warned that new MOT testing equipment is on the way that can tell its been removed...which will mean huge bills to have a new one fitted and a new re map...

Not sure when its coming but it is...
                Requirement is there since February 2014. According to DfT its an offence to drive a vehicle without one where it was fitted at manufacture as the vehicle will not meet type approval.

Comment

So it seems my car is not 'politically correct'

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                    Requirement is there since February 2014. According to DfT its an offence to drive a vehicle without one where it was fitted at manufacture as the vehicle will not meet type approval.
                    This is the problem....current mot test wont pick this up because the emissions are hardly any different and unless they can spot the weld on the Dpf it will pass hence the new test coming in

Comment

If dpf had been removed and car was in accident and inspected by insurance valuers it would invalidate insurance.

Comment

False alarm guys on the way home the dpf kicked in and all working fine thank god

Comment

Originally posted by Mufc View Post
                          False alarm guys on the way home the dpf kicked in and all working fine thank god

Chris

Comment

Originally posted by Mufc View Post
                            What did you see/notice when it "kicked in" This is my second insignia and have never noticed either of them do a regen
                            Sport Touror Elite 163

Dave

Comment

I done the led trick as soon as I bought the car,and on the way home she lit up for the first time,I had too check the rear demister to make sure I didn't switch it on by mistake, when I was sitting in traffic she was idling a bit higher than normal then all was fine thank god,I had visions of a very expensive garage trip....

Comment

Working...
                              X