front parking assist fault

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• front parking assist fault

hi can anyone help, my front parking sensors have developed a fault. they beep to say i am to close when i am no where near an object and have started coming on and beeping when ever they want, my previous car a mondeo had a similar thing after heavy rain or after washing and was a known common fault and would rectify itself when they dried, today on my siggy i even got a warning message on the dash that said front parking assist fault

Hi, don't know if you had any further help since this. My car had the same issue (down to a tee). I took it to a dealer who said it needed them all replacing, which they did and the issue seemed to resolve itself. It then reappeared later, and as you say seems to occur when they're dirty/wet. Haven't found a solution to this but it does seem to correlate to the dirty/wet issue.

Comment

hi , thanks for the reply, yeah it seemed the same as yours, resolves itself then plays up every now and then

Comment

front parking assist fault

Originally posted by rt271276 View Post
        hi can anyone help, my front parking sensors have developed a fault. they beep to say i am to close when i am no where near an object and have started coming on and beeping when ever they want, my previous car a mondeo had a similar thing after heavy rain or after washing and was a known common fault and would rectify itself when they dried, today on my siggy i even got a warning message on the dash that said front parking assist fault
        You need some with opcom to plug in and diagnose the parking controller, I had a similar fault in my zafira and I changed one of the sensors

Comment

Check each sensor for slight blistering (this means water has got under the paint and reacting with the sensor) Front sensors are more prone to being hit by grit/salt and tend to fail more often.
          sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

thanks pal

Comment

Working...
            X