Car back after some work done

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car back after some work done

before Xmas, well on Rememberance Sunday actually I took the motor out for a nice drive through the villages up and around Lancaster. Got to one villlage where they were having a procession through the streets and this copper was diverting the cars to a lane that went around the village. Started to follow other cars and the lane narrowed so that hedges were rubbing on both sides of the car and I was whincing with the scratch noises coming off the doors and wings. When I got to the end of the lane I got out and looked at the car and it was a right mess though the scratches were only through the laquer top coat and thankfully not through to the paint. there were loads and running the whole length of the car on both sides. Also, one deep scratch about 2 inches long at the bottom of the drivers door that had gone down to the primer. I was fuming . It took some weeks while I considered my options and I came across a professional detailer in the local area. Took the car for him to inspect and said that he would be able to do the work, including touching in the deep scratch on the drivers door. but the whole car would need washing, claying and a 2 stage paint correction and machine polish. Said he had to do the whole car otherwise there would have been a noticeable change in the colour where the machine polishing was done. He also mentioned an option of having the ceramic protection finish and decided to go for that too.

Well picked the car up today and I am absolutely delighted with the results. No signs of any of the scratches and he's done a superb job on the deep scratch on the door as you can't tell it was there. The finish is like glass and looked better today than when it was brand new. Took some pictures but they just don't do it justice because of the lighting in the detailing bay. He also ceramic protected the alloys.

If anyone wants their car detailing in the Manchester area I can thoroughly recommend Iain Brown from Finer Detailing, Rochdale. Really nice bloke who knows his stuff and the set-up is superb. He also had a couple of Porsches and a top of the range Jag in the bay at the time.

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Was it a dear do ?
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
      Was it a dear do ?
      £300 for the full detailing and scratch repair, and £125 for the ceramic coating. So not cheap, but for the work he had to put in over two and a half days and the fact I was considering whether a respray was needed it was pretty reasonable
      Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Originally posted by 0011728 View Post
        £300 for the full detailing and scratch repair, and £125 for the ceramic coating. So not cheap, but for the work he had to put in and the fact I was considering whether a respray was needed it was pretty reasonable
        Small price to pay for your pride and joy to be perfect again Paul .��
        ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by exclusiv. View Post
          Small price to pay for your pride and joy to be perfect again Paul .��
          Absolutely

Comment

Very nice.good job done
            Insignia Elite 16T,Royal Blue non Nav. + added,
            Heko Wind Deflectors,Alloy Pedal Covers.Led full Interior,Polished Alloy Door Pins,Osram Diadem Opel Rear indicator Bulbs,Led Reverse Light Upgrade,Gear Surround Red Leds,Led reg plate lights,Nighteye Fog lamp Bulbs,Osram Night Breaker Laser Cornering Bulbs,Rear Sunblinds,Nextbase 522GW front/rear window cam,upgraded front speakers,SS Exhaust,6000k Xenon Bulbs,Thinkdiag Diagnostic Tool

Comment

I can't see the pics

Glad you got it sorted. What idiots they were for pointing you down a lane that isn't wide enough.
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
              X