Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me too 2014 ST

Comment

Thanks for the guide - I've followed it myself but I'm still having issues with the boot release. I've replaced the switch/loom and the number plate lamps are working, suggesting power in the loom but the button is not responding. Has anyone else found this issue?

Comment

Originally posted by MichaelUKJones View Post
        Thanks for the guide - I've followed it myself but I'm still having issues with the boot release. I've replaced the switch/loom and the number plate lamps are working, suggesting power in the loom but the button is not responding. Has anyone else found this issue?
        Could be the tailgate ecu that has failed as mine did when it got rain inside it

Comment

True, There is a black box on the boot lid which controls the bits on the trunk etc, Might be worth meeting someone with a working ST and plugging it in to try as they go for silly money on eBay,

There isnt really a difference between the facelift module and the pre, both plug in and work, i have tried them, might be in price though

Comment

Has anybody used the repair Switch from eBay on a ST? Think my Boot Release has gone today but I have a sight problem as I have 240kg of slate in the boot. So it would make life easier if some how the switch would come out from the outside, are the wires on the car marked up so you know which ones to cut and join back together?

Comment

I used the Genuine repair kit as it is as cheap. Did mine with one on a ST. Just the switch with tails and heat shrink, no lights.

Comment

Originally posted by buttons View Post
                I used the Genuine repair kit as it is as cheap. Did mine with one on a ST. Just the switch with tails and heat shrink, no lights.
                Thanks for the reply, did you manage to do it from the outside without having to strip all the inside boot trim and chrome off?

Comment

From the outside is possible as the switch is pushed into it's position film the outside. With a small screw driver you can get it out, but the wires are a bit short. I tried that as i couldn't get one of the nuts removed due to rust. The problem with my car was however in the previous repaired cable joint, so only replacing the switch didn't help.

Comment

Originally posted by Ernst View Post
                    From the outside is possible as the switch is pushed into it's position film the outside. With a small screw driver you can get it out, but the wires are a bit short. I tried that as i couldn't get one of the nuts removed due to rust. The problem with my car was however in the previous repaired cable joint, so only replacing the switch didn't help.
                    What ended up being the Problem with your car if it wasn’t the Switch?

Comment

The switch had been replaced before, and it seems water had entered the cable joint. I had to cut the wires before the previous repair to make it work again. There was no power at the switch end of the wires, but was before the joints. Holding the bare wires together didn't work so I had to work the way back until I found a spot were it started to work again.

Comment

Give it a go from the outside you don’t have anything to lose. The facelift one doesn’t come out as easy

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
                          Give it a go from the outside you don’t have anything to lose. The facelift one doesn’t come out as easy
                          Still can’t get the boot lid open, found the rubber grommit thing on the inside of the boot trim panel but nothing to put a screw driver in.

Comment

It's more like a handle rather then a screw thing. I could get a finger in to locate it. You need to push it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlGee View Post
                              Hi Guys, first post here so I hope this is ok.
                              I have a 2012 Insignia Sports Tourer and over the past month the boot release switch went from being intermittent to being unresponsive so I decided to change it for a new switch. That’s when the fun started. Here’s the result of my research and labours.

First problem is how to open the boot. Fold down the rear seats, remove the luggage cover and get yourself into the boot space. You’ll need a torch and a flat blade screwdriver. As you look at the boot lid you’ll see a round grommet to the right of the lock area. Pop the grommet out with the screw driver and look inside. You need to look down and left towards the lock until you see a small round piece of metal with a hole in the centre of it sitting to the right of the lock. Put the screwdriver in the hole and push it backwards towards the rear of the car. The lid should clunk open and you can push it up and get out.

Remove the half moon security screen from the boot lid and look to the pale coloured upper trim around the window. You need to pop off the right hand piece of trim first as there’s an overlap. Put these in the boot.

Now the interior lid trim. There are two push fit upholstery clips either side of the lock mechanism. Remove the centres and then the clips. There are 3 no. 7mm hex head screws to remove. Two behind the elastic either side of the warning triangle channel and one in the pull down handle. Now the trim is held on by pop in clips. Get them all off working from the lock round each side and back towards to row of clips at the bottom of the window. Once off store this in the boot.

Now you need to remove the light clusters by undoing the three butterfly nuts inside the boot lid and releasing the push fit and electrical connection outside.

At last you’re getting there. You’ll need a 10mm hex spanner and remove all the 10 mm nuts you can see. The object is to release the chrome strip and the exterior trim its attached to. Once all are removed (there’s about 10 or 11 of these from memory) the chrome strip and exterior trim are only bring held by a couple of plastic clips, some sealing tape and the electrical connection which is the black plug between the wiper motor and the locking mechanism. Undo the electrical connector and starting outside at the light cluster voids, Starr to prise off the exterior trim - carefully.

Once off you have access to the switch loom inside. You need to remove the number plate lights and undo the electrical plugs as they’re part of the loom. Release the loom and the black socket. Use a screwdriver to release the clips on the switch which you’ll need to push into the hole to remove the entire loom. If there’s a plastic post in the way, a dremel is ideal to remove enough of the post to get the old switch out and the new one in.

Halfway there. Fitting the new switch is the reverse of removal. Fitting the trim is the reverse of removal.

I can’t emphasise this enough - DO NOT FORGET TO RECONNECT THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION!!

All in it took a couple of hours - feeling my way without a handbook or instructions and not having worked on a Vauxhall for a few years but it’s do-able with the minimum of tools.

Please note the ST switch is not the same as the hatchback switch as per The German Guys video or readily available on eBay. It’s a small loom with the black connector, the switch and the two light connectors. Be sure you have the right one. Mine was £48 from my local main dealer.
                              Hopefully this'll work on my 2014 Sports Tourter as when I put the battery on charge I put all the bits in the boot!!!! Bloody Norah. Any help or tips appreciated.
                              Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlGee View Post
                                Hi Guys, first post here so I hope this is ok.
                                I have a 2012 Insignia Sports Tourer and over the past month the boot release switch went from being intermittent to being unresponsive so I decided to change it for a new switch. That’s when the fun started. Here’s the result of my research and labours.

First problem is how to open the boot. Fold down the rear seats, remove the luggage cover and get yourself into the boot space. You’ll need a torch and a flat blade screwdriver. As you look at the boot lid you’ll see a round grommet to the right of the lock area. Pop the grommet out with the screw driver and look inside. You need to look down and left towards the lock until you see a small round piece of metal with a hole in the centre of it sitting to the right of the lock. Put the screwdriver in the hole and push it backwards towards the rear of the car. The lid should clunk open and you can push it up and get out.

Remove the half moon security screen from the boot lid and look to the pale coloured upper trim around the window. You need to pop off the right hand piece of trim first as there’s an overlap. Put these in the boot.

Now the interior lid trim. There are two push fit upholstery clips either side of the lock mechanism. Remove the centres and then the clips. There are 3 no. 7mm hex head screws to remove. Two behind the elastic either side of the warning triangle channel and one in the pull down handle. Now the trim is held on by pop in clips. Get them all off working from the lock round each side and back towards to row of clips at the bottom of the window. Once off store this in the boot.

Now you need to remove the light clusters by undoing the three butterfly nuts inside the boot lid and releasing the push fit and electrical connection outside.

At last you’re getting there. You’ll need a 10mm hex spanner and remove all the 10 mm nuts you can see. The object is to release the chrome strip and the exterior trim its attached to. Once all are removed (there’s about 10 or 11 of these from memory) the chrome strip and exterior trim are only bring held by a couple of plastic clips, some sealing tape and the electrical connection which is the black plug between the wiper motor and the locking mechanism. Undo the electrical connector and starting outside at the light cluster voids, Starr to prise off the exterior trim - carefully.

Once off you have access to the switch loom inside. You need to remove the number plate lights and undo the electrical plugs as they’re part of the loom. Release the loom and the black socket. Use a screwdriver to release the clips on the switch which you’ll need to push into the hole to remove the entire loom. If there’s a plastic post in the way, a dremel is ideal to remove enough of the post to get the old switch out and the new one in.

Halfway there. Fitting the new switch is the reverse of removal. Fitting the trim is the reverse of removal.

I can’t emphasise this enough - DO NOT FORGET TO RECONNECT THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION!!

All in it took a couple of hours - feeling my way without a handbook or instructions and not having worked on a Vauxhall for a few years but it’s do-able with the minimum of tools.

Please note the ST switch is not the same as the hatchback switch as per The German Guys video or readily available on eBay. It’s a small loom with the black connector, the switch and the two light connectors. Be sure you have the right one. Mine was £48 from my local main dealer.
                                Hopefully this'll work on my 2014 Sports Tourter as when I put the battery on charge I put all the bits in the boot!!!! Bloody Norah. Any help or tips appreciated.

Aha done it. Now how to fix this false floor in place??? Life's a struggle
                                Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

Comment

Working...
                                X