• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whats the issue with the false floor

Comment

Originally posted by Spark View Post
      Whats the issue with the false floor
      Hi Spark
      I took it out to get into the boot as the battery was on charge and I couldn't get into it and now when I put it back it just flops into the boot space. I see where the two round things locate in the cutouts but when it's in place it just stands up with the wrong side facing to the back. There is nothing to hold it in place other than what's in your boot. I've tried turning it round but that doesn't work.
      Always strive to do better. If a job needs doing don't ask do it.

Comment

Is this the false floor that leaves about 5" between the floor below or is it the one with the handle in it that lifts up and shows the spare wheel

I've took the top one out, never used it, along with the roof blind

Comment

Yes that's the one but it has a handle too. Didn't have a roof blind.

Comment

Thats what i called the roller that sits at the back of the rear seats and stops you seeing whats in the boot from outside, like the parcel shelf

Comment

That's the one but isn't it supposed to fix in place?

Comment

No its removable, very handy if you need to put the rear seats down else it gets in the way

Comment

followed this guide, perfect. New switch fitted and boot now opening. Only issue i had was it was such a miserable day to work at it!

Comment

Great post

Originally posted by BigAlGee View Post
                    Hi Guys, first post here so I hope this is ok.
                    I have a 2012 Insignia Sports Tourer and over the past month the boot release switch went from being intermittent to being unresponsive so I decided to change it for a new switch. That’s when the fun started. Here’s the result of my research and labours.

First problem is how to open the boot. Fold down the rear seats, remove the luggage cover and get yourself into the boot space. You’ll need a torch and a flat blade screwdriver. As you look at the boot lid you’ll see a round grommet to the right of the lock area. Pop the grommet out with the screw driver and look inside. You need to look down and left towards the lock until you see a small round piece of metal with a hole in the centre of it sitting to the right of the lock. Put the screwdriver in the hole and push it backwards towards the rear of the car. The lid should clunk open and you can push it up and get out.

Remove the half moon security screen from the boot lid and look to the pale coloured upper trim around the window. You need to pop off the right hand piece of trim first as there’s an overlap. Put these in the boot.

Now the interior lid trim. There are two push fit upholstery clips either side of the lock mechanism. Remove the centres and then the clips. There are 3 no. 7mm hex head screws to remove. Two behind the elastic either side of the warning triangle channel and one in the pull down handle. Now the trim is held on by pop in clips. Get them all off working from the lock round each side and back towards to row of clips at the bottom of the window. Once off store this in the boot.

Now you need to remove the light clusters by undoing the three butterfly nuts inside the boot lid and releasing the push fit and electrical connection outside.

At last you’re getting there. You’ll need a 10mm hex spanner and remove all the 10 mm nuts you can see. The object is to release the chrome strip and the exterior trim its attached to. Once all are removed (there’s about 10 or 11 of these from memory) the chrome strip and exterior trim are only bring held by a couple of plastic clips, some sealing tape and the electrical connection which is the black plug between the wiper motor and the locking mechanism. Undo the electrical connector and starting outside at the light cluster voids, Starr to prise off the exterior trim - carefully.

Once off you have access to the switch loom inside. You need to remove the number plate lights and undo the electrical plugs as they’re part of the loom. Release the loom and the black socket. Use a screwdriver to release the clips on the switch which you’ll need to push into the hole to remove the entire loom. If there’s a plastic post in the way, a dremel is ideal to remove enough of the post to get the old switch out and the new one in.

Halfway there. Fitting the new switch is the reverse of removal. Fitting the trim is the reverse of removal.

I can’t emphasise this enough - DO NOT FORGET TO RECONNECT THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION!!

All in it took a couple of hours - feeling my way without a handbook or instructions and not having worked on a Vauxhall for a few years but it’s do-able with the minimum of tools.

Please note the ST switch is not the same as the hatchback switch as per The German Guys video or readily available on eBay. It’s a small loom with the black connector, the switch and the two light connectors. Be sure you have the right one. Mine was £48 from my local main dealer.
                    Great post mate, made the job easy. I got a replacement switch new off eBay for £5.88, it's a pattern part but fitted perfectly and works a treat
                    Last edited by slaughk2; 08-04-2019, 07:22 PM. Reason: Unfinished

Comment

Hi I’ve got a 64 reg insignia estate. Followed your guide easily up to where you remove the trim/chrome panel and the reg plate lights. Had the whole piece sat on my table trying to figure out how the hell I get into the switch compartment to get the old one out. It looks a solid bit of plastic covering it and I can’t see a way to get to the old switch.

Any help appreciated

Comment

Take a look on YouTube, https://youtu.be/d9WZLjMjSi4
                        Excellent video!
                        2018 1.5T SRi Nav
                        Bi-colour 18" alloys, de-chromed grille and foglights, full heated leather, reversing cam with park assist, heated front screen and steering wheel, blind spot monitoring, self parking (used once, it's crap!), Nextbase 522GW front & rear dashcams

Comment

Sports tourer tailgate switch correct part number

The part number 13422269 refers to the HATCHBACK switch which on purchasing as a result of trusting BigAlGee’s earlier info showed the part to be totally different- smaller switch module, additional wires and connectors for plate lamps (separate harness to the ST tailgate switch) and a different connector plug.
                          Last edited by RBH; 06-03-2020, 03:45 PM. Reason: Trying to sell parts in wrong section.

Comment

Originally posted by Bizza View Post
                            The part number 13422269 refers to the HATCHBACK switch which on purchasing as a result of trusting BigAlGee’s earlier info showed the part to be totally different- smaller switch module, additional wires and connectors for plate lamps (separate harness to the ST tailgate switch) and a different connector plug.
                            Hi, we have a classifieds section for selling and you need to agree to the selling rules and then follow them. https://insignia-drivers.uk/forums/62-For-Sale
                            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Helpful update to RBH’s edit of my previous attempt to be helpful

Originally posted by Bizza View Post
                              The correct part number for the SPORTS TOURER SWITCH IS 13597499. I hope this update avoids anyone else needlessly being left with the wrong hatchback switch on their hands ��

I edited it as there's a procedure to follow for selling parts and it was the wrong section.
                              Last edited by RBH; 06-03-2020, 03:46 PM.

Comment

Thanks for that marko301. Newby error.

Comment

Working...
                                X