Insignia Sports Tourer Boot Release Switch replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bizza View Post
    The correct part number for the SPORTS TOURER SWITCH IS 13597499. I hope this update avoids anyone else needlessly being left with the wrong hatchback switch on their hands ��

I edited it as there's a procedure to follow for selling parts and it was the wrong section.
    Yes but you deleted the advice I was trying to give. It’s good that my update still features the helpful bit. Have a nice day.

Comment

The correct part number for the SPORTS TOURER SWITCH IS 13597499. I hope this update avoids anyone else needlessly being left with the wrong hatchback switch on their hands ��

I edited it as there's a procedure to follow for selling parts and it was the wrong section.
      Actually...this isn't the first time something like this has happened. The parts number for the rear tailgate lights changed a couple of years after I posted it some years back. The parts number was probably correct when originally posted but VX probably changed it.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It’s good to meet you Marko. I hope you enjoy yours as much as I enjoy mine. Especially with a fully functional tailgate.

Comment

Originally posted by BigAlGee View Post
          I went to my local Vauxhall dealer and they checked for the part against my car registration number.
          I think that was the important bit in the thread knowing that there are two different switches depending on whether you have the hatch or tourer..

Comment

Yes but you deleted the advice I was trying to give. It’s good that my update still features the helpful bit. Have a nice day.
            I apologise for making the mistake

Comment

Great instructions mine has been on and off but it’s finally gave up. Bought the new part today and will be following your guide on fitting. Thank you.

Comment

Hey guys.
                I have a 2011 Insignia ST for some years now and it has been good and reliable ever since.
                Now I'm facing this small problem that you refer. I also had intermittent working boot but I never thought it would be the switch. I was thinking more about the locking mechanism/coil/connection part, but after reading several posts about it, I understand now that is a common fault.
                Can you clear something for me please? Is there (on ebay, or somewhere online) a switch only replacement, and is it possible to take only the switch from outside and solder a new one?
                I know there are already some post, sort of, responding to this, but as I understand the only working part (13597499) comes with a lot of more cabling, and that will make the task from the outside impossible. Also it's way more expensive than the switch only part.
                Does anybody already did it from outside, with which part?
                It's difficult for me, at this time, to take all the trim off.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by insigni@ View Post
                  Hey guys.
                  I have a 2011 Insignia ST for some years now and it has been good and reliable ever since.
                  Now I'm facing this small problem that you refer. I also had intermittent working boot but I never thought it would be the switch. I was thinking more about the locking mechanism/coil/connection part, but after reading several posts about it, I understand now that is a common fault.
                  Can you clear something for me please? Is there (on ebay, or somewhere online) a switch only replacement, and is it possible to take only the switch from outside and solder a new one?
                  I know there are already some post, sort of, responding to this, but as I understand the only working part (13597499) comes with a lot of more cabling, and that will make the task from the outside impossible. Also it's way more expensive than the switch only part.

Thanks.
                  You need to remove the full part accessed from in the rear I'm sure there's a guide somewhere on here.
                  The extra wires are for the reg lights

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                    You need to remove the full part accessed from in the rear I'm sure there's a guide somewhere on here.
                    The extra wires are for the reg lights
                    Thanks Alex. Yes, I already read the guide by the op, it's clear. What I wanted to do is just take the switch from outside and solder a new one if that was possible without messing with the other cabling.

Comment

Thanks Alex. Yes, I already read the guide by the op, it's clear. What I wanted to do is just take the switch from outside and solder a new one if that was possible without messing with the other cabling.
                      Not sure mate, I've just bought the full thing as I needed the reg wire as mines has been doctored
                      Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20200331_221427.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	55.7 KB
ID:	245337

Comment

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
                        Not sure mate, I've just bought the full thing as I needed the reg wire as mines has been doctored
                        [ATTACH=CONFIG]4882[/ATTACH]
                        Thanks for the photo. I can see that those are detached from the switch even though they come on a bundle. I'll try to take mine out, take some photos and compare to the ones on ebay.

Comment

Hey guys.

Thanks.
                          Fancy taking a wee trip here.....

We like when new members introduce themselves......maybe share a pic or 2 of your car etc

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
                            Fancy taking a wee trip here.....

We like when new members introduce themselves......maybe share a pic or 2 of your car etc
                            Check this beauty... https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...-from-Portugal

Comment

Hi all,

I'm new to this site,hope someone out there can help with my 2014 facelift A Type Insignia tourer tailgate problem.

Tailgate wont open anymore,it work on and off for a while until eventually it gave up. So annoying as i bought the car for this reason.Its a lovely car.

I checked all the associated fuses in the back boot compartment they are all OK.
                              2:I replaced the boot lock mechanism,really hoping that was the problem but sadly it was not.

I noticed when i try opening the boot with the remote control or the driver door button or the tailgate switch i hear a clicking sound kinda like a Relay sound"

I'm afraid to go any further as i might end up doing more damage.Any suggestions please what else it might be?
                              Would really appreciate any help out there.
                              thanks in advance,
                              fran

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
                                Hi all,

I'm new to this site,hope someone out there can help with my 2014 facelift A Type Insignia tourer tailgate problem.

Tailgate wont open anymore,it work on and off for a while until eventually it gave up. So annoying as i bought the car for this reason.Its a lovely car.

I checked all the associated fuses in the back boot compartment they are all OK.
                                2:I replaced the boot lock mechanism,really hoping that was the problem but sadly it was not.

I noticed when i try opening the boot with the remote control or the driver door button or the tailgate switch i hear a clicking sound kinda like a Relay sound"

I'm afraid to go any further as i might end up doing more damage.Any suggestions please what else it might be?
                                Would really appreciate any help out there.
                                thanks in advance,
                                fran
                                Hi Fran, mines was similar to yours but was only switch on tailgate as pictured above.
                                Replacing that solved our issue.
                                Yours sounds different though, yours sounds like the latch isn't getting the signal to open, if you start a post about your problem and pop into new members section an post few details about you and your car it may bring others who know more about the issue your having

Comment

Working...
                                X