Insignia Sports Tourer Boot Release Switch replacement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insignia Sports Tourer Boot Release Switch replacement

Hi Guys, first post here so I hope this is ok.
    I have a 2012 Insignia Sports Tourer and over the past month the boot release switch went from being intermittent to being unresponsive so I decided to change it for a new switch. That’s when the fun started. Here’s the result of my research and labours.

First problem is how to open the boot. Fold down the rear seats, remove the luggage cover and get yourself into the boot space. You’ll need a torch and a flat blade screwdriver. As you look at the boot lid you’ll see a round grommet to the right of the lock area. Pop the grommet out with the screw driver and look inside. You need to look down and left towards the lock until you see a small round piece of metal with a hole in the centre of it sitting to the right of the lock. Put the screwdriver in the hole and push it backwards towards the rear of the car. The lid should clunk open and you can push it up and get out.

Remove the half moon security screen from the boot lid and look to the pale coloured upper trim around the window. You need to pop off the right hand piece of trim first as there’s an overlap. Put these in the boot.

Now the interior lid trim. There are two push fit upholstery clips either side of the lock mechanism. Remove the centres and then the clips. There are 3 no. 7mm hex head screws to remove. Two behind the elastic either side of the warning triangle channel and one in the pull down handle. Now the trim is held on by pop in clips. Get them all off working from the lock round each side and back towards to row of clips at the bottom of the window. Once off store this in the boot.

Now you need to remove the light clusters by undoing the three butterfly nuts inside the boot lid and releasing the push fit and electrical connection outside.

At last you’re getting there. You’ll need a 10mm hex spanner and remove all the 10 mm nuts you can see. The object is to release the chrome strip and the exterior trim its attached to. Once all are removed (there’s about 10 or 11 of these from memory) the chrome strip and exterior trim are only bring held by a couple of plastic clips, some sealing tape and the electrical connection which is the black plug between the wiper motor and the locking mechanism. Undo the electrical connector and starting outside at the light cluster voids, Starr to prise off the exterior trim - carefully.

Once off you have access to the switch loom inside. You need to remove the number plate lights and undo the electrical plugs as they’re part of the loom. Release the loom and the black socket. Use a screwdriver to release the clips on the switch which you’ll need to push into the hole to remove the entire loom. If there’s a plastic post in the way, a dremel is ideal to remove enough of the post to get the old switch out and the new one in.

Halfway there. Fitting the new switch is the reverse of removal. Fitting the trim is the reverse of removal.

I can’t emphasise this enough - DO NOT FORGET TO RECONNECT THE ELECTRICAL CONNECTION!!

All in it took a couple of hours - feeling my way without a handbook or instructions and not having worked on a Vauxhall for a few years but it’s do-able with the minimum of tools.

Please note the ST switch is not the same as the hatchback switch as per The German Guys video or readily available on eBay. It’s a small loom with the black connector, the switch and the two light connectors. Be sure you have the right one. Mine was £48 from my local main dealer.

Nice guide. Mine was temperamental but luckily never found the need to change it

Comment

Yea the tourer switch is a lot harder to replace than the hatchback. Least its done, good write up to pal

Comment

Nice write up.....
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Had the same problem myself for the last few weeks, finally gave up the ghost this morning so good timing. Thanks for the help.

ps. where did you get a new switch from ?

Comment

I went to my local Vauxhall dealer and they checked for the part against my car registration number.

Comment

The part number required is 13422269

Comment

Sure I’ve seen this replacement on here before. Usual way is to prize the switch out from the outside, cut the wires and solder the new switch on with heat shrink over the joints. I think vauxhall even supply a kit with these bits. Does this not apply to the ST?

Comment

Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for 13393912 Genuine Vauxhall Insignia Tailgate Opening Switch Repair Kit at the best online prices at eBay! Free delivery for many products!

Says fIts ST

Comment

My inside switch has started playing up as it takes a few presses to start it working. Does anyone know if that one justs simply pops out at all?

Comment

Originally posted by Davell View Post
                      I asked about these at the dealership. The guy in parts checked the fiche and told me that Vauxhall didn’t do a repair kit for the ST.

Comment

im sure the boot button is the same on both models

Comment

The eBay supplier is a Vauxhall dealer ??

Comment

Repair kit switch only c/w shrinkfit joiners on e bay £12.

Comment

Does anyone of you guys know if the parts are same for facelift model? Mine ST has the same issue after the weekend.

Comment

Working...
                              X