Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fran View Post
    Hi all,

I'm new to this site,hope someone out there can help with my 2014 facelift A Type Insignia tourer tailgate problem.

Tailgate wont open anymore,it work on and off for a while until eventually it gave up. So annoying as i bought the car for this reason.Its a lovely car.

I checked all the associated fuses in the back boot compartment they are all OK.
    2:I replaced the boot lock mechanism,really hoping that was the problem but sadly it was not.

I noticed when i try opening the boot with the remote control or the driver door button or the tailgate switch i hear a clicking sound kinda like a Relay sound"

I'm afraid to go any further as i might end up doing more damage.Any suggestions please what else it might be?
    Would really appreciate any help out there.
    thanks in advance,
    fran
    Fancy taking a wee trip here.....

We like when new members introduce themselves......maybe share a pic or 2 of your car etc

Comment

tailgate insignia tourer not opening

Originally posted by Alex421 View Post
      Hi Fran, mines was similar to yours but was only switch on tailgate as pictured above.
      Replacing that solved our issue.
      Yours sounds different though, yours sounds like the latch isn't getting the signal to open, if you start a post about your problem and pop into new members section an post few details about you and your car it may bring others who know more about the issue your having
      Cheers Alex, thanks for getting back to me, i will take your suggestion and post a few more details on site.
      Yes, My gut feeling tells me it might be electrical problem,but wont jump to conclusions yet! thnx again franthead

Comment

Originally posted by RBH View Post
        Fancy taking a wee trip here.....

We like when new members introduce themselves......maybe share a pic or 2 of your car etc
        obviously not then

Comment

tailgate insignia tourer not opening

Originally posted by RBH View Post
          obviously not then
          Hi RBH, Thnx for Link, I will update with some more details and Pics sson,
          thnx again

Comment

Originally posted by fran View Post
            Hi RBH, Thnx for Link, I will update with some more details and Pics sson,
            thnx again
            it will be very much appreciated Fran
            Thank you

Comment

Just replaced mine...

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.3 KB
ID:	247663

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	247664

Hey guys, thank you for your help.
              I have an Insignia ST from 2011 and I did all the work without taking off the trim. The switch came from outside easily.
              Just cut the wires close to the old switch, soldered the new one and heatshrink the joint.
              The switch just click in place perfectly.

It's working

Comment

I'm trying to do mine on a 2014 facelift tourer.....i'm struggling to get the chrome trim off to access the switch.....i've got all the nuts and bolts undone, lights out and still it's hard to move, i'm afraid i'm going to break something?

Help.

Comment

I finally managed....broke the white clips holding the trim on, but sorted it.

Comment

Working...
                  X