Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• best place for gps antenna android 7 unit

Hi

Just brought a android 7 unit from icebox autos going to hopefully install it the weekend.

http://www.iceboxauto.com/vauxhallop...7-h5753l-black

I would like to know where would be the best place to put the GPS antenna.

I've got a different unit to that but put my GPS antenna on the metal bar that goes across the car behind the glove box. Regularly get around 8 to 10 satellites.

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post
      I've got a different unit to that but put my GPS antenna on the metal bar that goes across the car behind the glove box. Regularly get around 8 to 10 satellites.
      Sorry to hijack the thread but can you got a better GPS antenna to the stock vx units? My reception is rubbish sometimes

Comment

Originally posted by JVCElite View Post
        Sorry to hijack the thread but can you got a better GPS antenna to the stock vx units? My reception is rubbish sometimes
        Afraid I can't help there, I've got a Sino Smart unit, car wasn't originally fitted with a factory nav. Maybe ask by putting a separate thread in the appropriate section, you'll have better luck getting a response.

Comment

has above mine was magnetic and just stuck on the bar behind glove box never had a problem finding a signal

Comment

I will post some pics when its all installed

Comment

Originally posted by kentishbloke View Post

That's where I've put mine

Comment

Got it all installed bit of a problem when i indicator theres no ticking sound it did come with a little speaker called buzzer but not sure what it did

Comment

Originally posted by Mike.brickles View Post
                  Got it all installed bit of a problem when i indicator theres no ticking sound it did come with a little speaker called buzzer but not sure what it did
                  That's the speaker for indicator & vehicle warning sounds. It needs to be connected and the volume level set in the App

Comment

Thanks for that also the wife just seen that when open the drivers door its showing passager door open instead

Comment

Thanks for that also the wife just seen that when open the drivers door its showing passager door open instead
                      That's set in an App as well

Comment

Been looking in the options but cant seem to find it any where i can see something say traffic flow which is set to left and i cant change it right as if it grayed out

Comment

Been looking in the options but cant seem to find it any where i can see something say traffic flow which is set to left and i cant change it right as if it grayed out
                          from what I remember you set it in the canbus tab from the factory settings (in the settings app), password 126

Comment

Thanks for all help sorted

Comment

Originally posted by mrgubby View Post
                              That's the speaker for indicator & vehicle warning sounds. It needs to be connected and the volume level set in the App
                              Been trying to find the volume level for the little speaker as it needs to be little bit louder

Comment

Working...
                              X