Clutch slipping [emoji30]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Clutch slipping [emoji30]

The last past week I've noticed my clutch has started to slip in 4th an 5th gear my car is a 2016 VX line cdti 170..it has 31k miles on it now..I can't believe it..I've booked it in for its second service not week so have told the dealer the problem with the clutch.. This should be covered under the manufacturers warranty as the car isn't that old. Just hope they do it an don't try an wriggle out of it..talking from past experience with them..inconvenience [emoji52]

Hi insig76.
    I dont know how the warranty for the Vauxhall is. But some car modells have 2 year warranty. I guess Vauxhall have 2 years to.
    But then it depends on what the causes the problem.
    If it is like the flywheel and that are a known problem they might take that on warranty, But usually wearing parts are customer share on it.
    Like 50% on the dealer and 50% on the customer.

Comment

3 years warranty but as said above probably not covered and are wear and tear items such as brakes. Some people like to ride the clutch, not saying you have, and that can cause premature wear, different driving situations, lots of stop start, or it could be an oil leak contaminating the lining. If it was me then I would be expecting to pay hoping that I would not.

Comment

My last car was exactly the same but I left it to see how long it lasted before I had to change it, mine was still slipping after a further 50k miles until I sold car
        Vauxhall cover clutch under warranty till 18k miles only so if it is clutch that is the cause of the problem I can see you having to pay for it unfortunately
        There might be a underlying problem with another part that may be causing clutch to slip and then it might be covered under warranty but I suspect the dealership will ask you to authorise the strip down at your expense to see where the problem lies
        Is car under network q warranty ?

Comment

Yes it's 3 years standard manufacturers warranty I've checked..I think it had the initial 12months Network Q warranty as the car was a year old when I bought it

Comment

if still under network q you might be covered for clutch ?

Comment

Just checked my paperwork and have 5 days remaining on my Network Q warranty..will ring them in the morning [emoji1303]
              Hopefully they will sort it ou

Comment

sounding good with a network q warranty
                let me know what happens please

Comment

Will do..cheers

Comment

I think you only get Net Q if the car is in its last year of the 3 year warranty..we bought a Corsa last August which is three years old in March,after that the Net Q kicks in until August this year when we would have had the car a year..

So in theory we will only have had about five months Net Q cover...Clutch,brakes and battery are covered under the Q so long as they haven't failed do to normal wear and tear..

Comment

Had clutch slipping in between 4th and 5th gear was told vauxhall extended warranty wouldn't cover it as it was wear and tear 16 plate 29000 miles was going to cost me 1200 quid took it to a m8 he said crankshaft oil seal had gone and oil had gone on the clutch causing it to slip took clutch flywheel and bearing to vauxhall dealer and they still said wear and tare no oil on clutch I took it to a friends garage with yrs experience who was a lot cheaper only had car 14 months and had done 5000 miles think I've been fobbed off

Comment

Working...
                      X