Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Radio

Hi,

Has anyone successfully fitted an aftermarket radio to their car in place of the CD500 Navi?

I’d like something with Bluetooth, Dab and a bit more volume. I’m aware that the car’s not

What are the options out there?

Thanks [emoji4].

Originally posted by Mcbane14 View Post
    Hi,

Has anyone successfully fitted an aftermarket radio to their car in place of the CD500 Navi?

I’d like something with Bluetooth, Dab and a bit more volume. I’m aware that the car’s not

What are the options out there?

Thanks [emoji4].

Hi there.

There are these android head units for the insignia which I've seen on Ali express. Wouldn't surprise me if they were on Amazon as well.

They generally match the factory head unit and come loaded with a version of android. This basically gives you a tablet in your car.

I've played with them in my old vw Passat and generally they were good but did come with some bugs and freezing.. like you would from a cheap android tablet. Plus there are so many of them out there you would be required to do some research.

They do link up with the can bus of the car though show limited information.

Comment

Have a look in the Electronics & In Car Entertainment section, there are a few posts on the subject

Comment

There are some new android units just came out base design came from the Tesla screen. I believe it is the first ones to support the navi units. Before android units are not supported if you have the Navi CD500/DVD800 & Navi 600/900. I have ordered one to test out, they promise me it will work with stock navigation systems. Watch out for my review coming up in the coming weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by sriray View Post
          There are some new android units just came out base design came from the Tesla screen. I believe it is the first ones to support the navi units. Before android units are not supported if you have the Navi CD500/DVD800 & Navi 600/900. I have ordered one to test out, they promise me it will work with stock navigation systems. Watch out for my review coming up in the coming weeks.
          I will watch it very close. Can you point a link to the product?

Comment

Originally posted by crunch81 View Post
            I will watch it very close. Can you point a link to the product?
            https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32G-...311.0.0.tEpPet

Comment

Aftermarket Radio

Great product but no room for tour and sport buttons! Otherwise I would have ordered it right away.

Comment

I see similair products for insignia which states that it only fits cd400 and cd500. Hope you’re right! Will keep an eye on your post

Comment

I tried to ask some questions to the store to find out if it’s possible to fit the navi model. Communication is very poor, I mean communication and respons is ok but I do not get clear answers in bad english. sriray: how did you make clear to them that you had the nav DVD unit? And what was they’re reply? I know the round button will definitely not work

Comment

Great product but no room for tour and sport buttons! Otherwise I would have ordered it right away.
                    My car has sports tour button too. Moving the buttons is no issue in theory. If the sports tour function still works then I be moving it where the central nav control wheel is. Communications has been poor about the functionality of this feature. I asked is it location of the buttons issue is that why they say they don't support it. I asked is it because you can't get the sports menu to appear on their system menu. I asked is it because your system will completely disable the sports function. Their reply has always been our system can't decode the canbus for sports mode. Anyway as a test, I have disconnected the navi screen and navi 600 unit, tested the sports button the leds on the speedo turns red, so all ok at that stage. Going by that I would assume the sports tour feature would still work. Fingers crossed. If not I prob sell it on. Watch out for my review.

Comment

I tried to ask some questions to the store to find out if it’s possible to fit the navi model. Communication is very poor, I mean communication and respons is ok but I do not get clear answers in bad english. sriray: how did you make clear to them that you had the nav DVD unit? And what was they’re reply? I know the round button will definitely not work

This is exactly what I wrote. I have been messaging them for 3,4 days before buying.

Comment

I’m so hoping your review is positive. I really want one. Luckily I don’t have a sport button so hopefully less to be worried about.

Comment

Few topics back I think it was Exclusiv who stated that the wiring of the head unit in a siggie with navigation is totally different then the wiring of a siggie without stock Nav. Thats why android aftermarket systems cannot be placed in our cars. Can you explain to me what is different with this product that this must not be a problem now?

Comment

Btw I know someone on the forum upgraded from navi stock to android unit and made a full review, cannot seem to find it anymore. I am curious which cable is different between stock Nav and the one without nav and if this product bought by sriray will not have this problem

Comment

Looking at the head unit it has a knock out on the left hand side any idea if that’s for a button like an optional extra. I’m thinking if they do a button or a twin button insert that will fit they will do something to wire the sport tour buttons in there

Comment

Working...
                              X