Hids / Led lights

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hids / Led lights

Sorry for another thread on the dreaded lights but I am fairly new to HIDs / LEDs so please bear with me, having checked out some threads I believe my Car needs the 9012 fitment being a 16 plate, There is a myriad of stuff to choose from and to be honest I am unsure what to choose, I don't mind particularly how much they cost as they will be for safety and aesthetics so if anyone could point me in the right direction on what to get for my first mod.

Cheers in advance

Pete

Hi,

I have just upgraded to the new grand sport and have some bits including HID and LED headlight bulbs for the facelift available

I had a kit fitted with slim ballasts that all fitted in the headlamp so no drilling. 5000k bulbs match the DRL’s but 6000k look good too. I had both .

From an aesthetic point of view both look factory fitted and no issue with safety or errors on the dash. The kit I used was Canbus ready..

I also bought a set of LED’s but never fitted them. Changed the car before I got time..

I am in Ireland but can post them to you if interested.. i have a link below to where they are advertised where the details are. Pedal covers are already sold.

Other Car Parts & Accessories for sale in Ireland. Buy and sell Other Car Parts & Accessories on Adverts.ie

Comment

Originally posted by Defie View Post
      Hi,

I have just upgraded to the new grand sport and have some bits including HID and LED headlight bulbs for the facelift available

I had a kit fitted with slim ballasts that all fitted in the headlamp so no drilling. 5000k bulbs match the DRL’s but 6000k look good too. I had both .

From an aesthetic point of view both look factory fitted and no issue with safety or errors on the dash. The kit I used was Canbus ready..

I also bought a set of LED’s but never fitted them. Changed the car before I got time..

I am in Ireland but can post them to you if interested.. i have a link below to where they are advertised where the details are. Pedal covers are already sold.

http://www.adverts.ie/14501925
      Thanks for the offer mate but will most likely buy them new so I have a warranty to fall back on

Comment

Hids arrived and after me being an idiot and thinking they wouldn't fit they in fact did, first time with these and Hid Direct were great helping me

Comment

Originally posted by VxPete View Post
          Hids arrived and after me being an idiot and thinking they wouldn't fit they in fact did, first time with these and Hid Direct were great helping me
          Nice!

Comment

Look far better...What colour temp did you go for?
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
              Look far better...What colour temp did you go for?
              5000k 35w

Comment

Ah yeah that's the colour I prefer. It matches the drls better. I have 5000k in my current Insignia.
                2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

i have hids fitted to mine , one side works whenever they fancy any ideas on why anyone?

Comment

Originally posted by Gurdip View Post
                    i have hids fitted to mine , one side works whenever they fancy any ideas on why anyone?
                    Faulty ballast more than likely
                    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

hows the difference in lighting the road, ? serious poor lights in these cars,

think they make them poor in the hope we buy the upgrades

Comment

Originally posted by silky1873 View Post
                        hows the difference in lighting the road, ? serious poor lights in these cars,

think they make them poor in the hope we buy the upgrades
                        Big difference mate, it's the first time I've ever used Hids, it certainly won't be my last they are awesome

Comment

Originally posted by Gurdip View Post
                          Yeah it's most likely the ballast as Dave said but try swapping the ballasts around to see if the issue switches sides just to rule out the bulb.

Comment

Is that hid kits or bulb replacement

Comment

Didnt want to start a new thread so decided to continue with this one, I have now found that at night when I flash my lights people cant see them as the new headlights are so bright! Any ideas for new main beam bulbs..............

Comment

Working...
                              X