Oil presure low

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oil presure low

Hi there i resently bought a insignia sri cdti 130 on 2010 ,its ex funeral car and has had plenty of money spent on it ,gearbox ,clutch ,flywheel ,every service bill is over 400 quid so i thought good buy been looked after ,its got 142000 on clock ,the car not got a mark on it ,anyway ive had it 5 weeks and when i start it in the morn or after its bin stood a while the oil pressure low light came on for couple of secs then wen off ,the engine was a bit grufty sort of speak ,cant explain but wasnt a very smooth quiet drive anyway ,i put 1/2 litre of oil in and it stopped the prob then wen i finished work one evening the engine turned into a loud grufty noise with sum loud ping noise and loud tapping noise so dropped it straight off at garage .the garage spoke to me started going on about changing the shells and baring worn ,all chinese to me as i know nothing about engines .basicly the engines goosed, good anyone give me some advice to where i can go from here .i dont want buy a scrap yard engine and it not be right ive bin down that road b4 ,if i got a recon engine is that like starting ur milage from zero sort of thing where its like a new engine .i cant scrap the car as its to nice for that and ive just paid 2000 for it .im willing to spend a bit of money to put this right but i dont want the garage to fix parts in the engine and then something else mite of gone and its more and more costs ,pls can someone offer sum advice and best option available to me and a rough idea of cost thks

Sounds like the oil pump pick up seal is failing,,been the death of many Insignia engines I'm afraid
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

The garage said they can replace the shells and bearing, but what about the original underlying problem that caused the bearings and shells to fail in the first place.

They also need to replace the oil seal on the oil pick up pipe in the sump, this will be where the problem came from in the first place.

By the way, welcome to the forum
      LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Hi whats the best advice u can give ,should i get all bits done which will be high costs cause i can get engine with warranty fitted for 1300 thks

Comment

Think I'd go for the engine,,before it's fitted,I'd get them to remove the sump and replace the oil pump pick up seal
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

I can't help with the mechanical side but moved topic to a more appropriate section where you may get more help. Good luck!
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

It's a common fault with this engine. Depending if it has done any damage to the engine. If it has you might have to replace engine, if it hasn't then replacing the seal should fix it.

Comment

I moved it to a different garage now as that other garage said it needed new engine and they had mnt even turned a spanner on it and they suppose be friends but had another friend with a garage so took it there ,he said engine sounded like there was no damage anyway hes fitted oil pump and he said there was a few shavings in the sump but hes stilll putting it bk together as said something about a tentioner and soon as hes done that he can start it up that was half hour ago so dont think i will know if its ok till tomoz now but fingers crossed and if it is ok im having that seal done with every service thks

Comment

When you get sorted out always allow engine to gently warm up a few seconds normally give mine half to a minute before applying any load to allow oil to circulate turbo. And same before shutdown allow engine to idle for a few seconds to allow turbo to slow down never blip accel pedal then switch off this will prolong your turbos life. Any oil light or message in future switch straight off and have it looked at.

Comment

Don’t need the seal replacing with every service, that would just be throwing money away.
                    LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Top news for me cause i stopped driving it straight away ,its fired up after an oil pump and is now running perfect ,thks

Comment

Fantastic news. Glad it turn out positive in the end. So i take it you not going to use the first garage anymore. I wouldn't anyway. I'm very picky with my garages. Still on the hunt for a trustworthy one

Comment

Well not all good news after starting it up and letting it run after 5 min started to leak from sump near gearbox ,took sump off resealed and again still leaking so last i heard sump was cuming off again to check for a crack .he thinks its sum seal cause oil is all over driveshaft and due to new pump he seems to think the pressure has blew a seal so till part comes tomoz im in limbo .hard work cars

Comment

Ok in need of finding out wats wrong with my insignia sri 2010 .it resently wen started from cold said oil pressure low ,anyway start making a loud noise the engine so i shut it down took garage ,the garage fitted new oil pump with seals and cleaned all sump out and put fresh oil built it up then it started a oil leak after 5 min from near gear box so replaced another seal and rebuilt .started no problem and sounds perfect on tick over but when u press clutch fly wheel gone noisy so i know that needs be replaced. Now but the bill so far is 350 on parts ,but wen u rev the engine it sounds like its spluttering and quite loud ,then bk on tick over its bk to perfect ,the mechanic has come stuck says hes never cum across this b4 .he said the insignias wen the oil pump goes they normaly seize up but this sounds like its down on a cylinder but its not its all reading as it should on the computer ,has anybody got any idea wat this could be not drove it yet as he dont want anything else happening to it .thks

Comment

Working...
                            X