No announcement yet.

My old car is back up for sale!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh another thing! (Sorry been awhile since I even thought about the car!) Check the bottom of the back doors! There were a few rust bubbles there. And the roof right on the front by the windscreen. There was loads of rust bubbles across the front by there!

Comment

Hi thanks for the reply appreciate it.
      I’m due to collect it Friday they did put 6 mths warranty on it but I also took out the maintanance plan they offered.
      I did take it out for a spin and it did drive pretty much like my current one pulled well with no issues but saying that I wasn’t for that long.
      My wife did notice while sat in back said there was a grinding noise put thought could possibly be brakes as they were pretty rusteded up.
      But thanks for the heads up I shall be checking or do you think I should avoid .
      Thanks again Daz

Comment

Yes did clock couple of rust bubbles at top of screen which they said will sort also n/s lower splitter was damaged they doing that aswell

Comment

Not a problem at all mate! I mean as you got 6 months warranty it may be worth a gamble.. yer I sold it just before Christmas so if it's not really moved since then the brakes will be rusted up a fair bit I imagine with this weather. Yer the lower splitter had a fight with a brick that came out of a skip lorry in front of me hahaha. If it was my money I would avoid however you got a 6 months warranty and the car has had so much done to it that it should be okay. It's a lovely car got tbh I just lost all faith and trust in it because of the issues that I had with it whilst it was mine. It's totally up to you obviously but just know that the car has had a hell of alot of work done to it. It's basically been rebuilt

Comment

Ok thankyou, might risk it but will be defo keeping a eye out for issues you advised on.
            If any of them reappear it will be going back.
            It’s Shame you had so many problems with it, because it looks fantastic I thought a bit of a petrol head might of owned it with the suttle little mods on it,with the side repeater surrounds the mood lighting around centre console and the blue calipers.
            But thanks again for the heads up I’ll keep my fingers crossed for no issues.

Comment

Hi Daz, What a small world or was you on the look out for the previous owner and found your way here on the hunt? It has been in the garage a fair bit but as W-W says...Most of the issues have been sorted. The problem with the infotainment system is a known issue affecting many facelifts of that period. They did try a software update that helped calm the gremlins a bit but they never fully went away for most. The good news is the gremlins are never permanent. Usually when they raise their ugly head, turning the car off and waiting for 30 seconds or so sort it.

It was a well looked after car while W-W had it from what we know on here. The tow bar was for pulling a small trailer with his cheapo mountain bikes on. So the car hasn't really done any hard work. He even won our photo of the month competition last June with this pic so you can see he took pride in it.

Good luck with it and get some fresh pics up...
              2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Good morning.
                No I wasn’t really looking for a previous owner for some reason I googled the plate and I then seen the thread,I always have a look around different forums as I already own three other vauxhalls.
                I have a insignia sri nav as the family car.
                It’s been great no issues at all in the 5 years I’ve had it,I’ve also got a 2014 Astra vxr had some issues and a 2012 Astra van that’s been great to.
                The insignia just wanted to update it really as it’s the family car.
                I was in traffic last week and I seen it parked outside evanshalshaw Birmingham priced very competivlley at £9662
                Had a look fell in love and put a deposit on it that’s that really I no most cars have issues and normally get sorted so I think I will give it a go if I have problems it will go back .
                Thanks for piccy I really do appricite everyone’s input ��

Comment

Enjoy mate! That picture does make me miss it sometimes hahaha. Yer the towbar was literally for a bike rack or the bike trailer so it's never pulled anything heavy.. I just like my car's to be a little bit different enjoy it bud! I'll keep my fingers crossed that the issues don't return for you

Comment

Originally posted by WHIPPY-WOOLLEY View Post
                    Hi mate! You put a deposit on my old car??
                    The list is pretty endless with what it has had done but tbh so much has changed that it may be okay now.
                    God bless you the new owner of this car

Welcome to the forum, so i can see you be very active on here. I advise you to add whippy-woolley as your friend, you may even become best friends at the end of the ownership

Comment

yer add me mate then if you ever need anything you can find me easily

Comment

Hi picked car up all seems fine so far but did the stop start work as dammed if I can get it to happen 👍

Comment

Happy days �� yer it worked but never worked when. It was cold out. Of you got the heaters on on the rear heated window on then it won't work mate

Comment

Gottcha that will be it then ��

Comment

Hi had a good look round it today.
                              Bottom of all doors looks clean and tidy free of any bubbles does look like they’ve used artic white rather than summut.
                              Water pump all clean and tidy had it running for ages Carnt see any water loss plus looks like the belts have been changed
                              Aswell so fingers crossed oncecall the snow goes take for a run see if it any different .
                              Cheers

Comment

nice one mate

Comment

Working...
                                X