Tyre recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had accelera on my old Insig,,,they were terrible in the rain
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by stewlewis View Post
      Just had 4x budget Accelera Phi 245/40/19 fitted £274.
      The same were on the car when I bought it used, so part worn, I've done nearly 20k since last August on those and I've not crashed. So I went for the same again.

You could read hundreds of pages of tyre opinions but it's all crap there's too many variables, only you know how you drive and how you handle the feel of the car.
      Oh really ? What you running on now ?

Comment

Originally posted by Luke88 View Post
        How are you finding these ?
        Just had these tyres swapped 2 weeks ago.
        The didn't have Accelera in but they had Landsail, another budget brand, tried these this time.

The Accelera performed just fine, mostly A roads and motorways during my work journeys. I always had them pumped to the ECO pressures, usually just me in the car and a boot full of kit. They lasted for 42k miles, probably had another couple of months (about 5-6k) left in them when swapped.

I can't say as I can tell any difference, apart from the noise, but all new tyres are quieter as the old ones get noisy with wear.

Comment

have noticed the landsails are one of the quietest tyres out there,,only 68db
          ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
            If you are looking for cheapish tyres Nexens aren't bad - Nexen N8000 235/40 R19 96 Y XL £87 with Free delivery from Oponeo
            https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-detail...y-xl#176617130

We also sell a lot of Landsail and they aint bad for a budget tyre either.
            I whipped the N8000 off the Vectra as fast as they went on, the sway they gave the car was dangerous. Even my mechanic said 'shhhh!!!!!!TT' when he drove it

Comment

Working...
            X