Tyre recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tyre recommendations

Hi all. Can anyone recommend tyres for my car. 235/40/r19y. I'm on a budget and do 4 to 5000mls a year. I don't particularly want ditch finders as I carry kids. Used uniroyal rs3s on my saab, but prices are steep for the siggy sizes..

I can highly recommend Landsail..the lads helped me out on here when I asked the same question. mine are 19" too. £127 delivered nxt day

Comment

Goodyear eagle f1 as3, excellent performance, and with your miles should last a while
      most tyres are fine day to day but im an emergency those extra few metres stopping distance will save your life, not saying spend a fortune on michelin PSS or PS4, but the goodyear are a good balance of performance and cost

Comment

I paid £126 a piece for the goodyears through kwikfit online which is brilliant value. And if you buy two you get free mobile fitting.

Comment

Just had 4x budget Accelera Phi 245/40/19 fitted £274.
          The same were on the car when I bought it used, so part worn, I've done nearly 20k since last August on those and I've not crashed. So I went for the same again.

You could read hundreds of pages of tyre opinions but it's all crap there's too many variables, only you know how you drive and how you handle the feel of the car.

Comment

i'd like to think im a good driver and i can handle my car well even in poor weather, most of the time there will be little difference in a good and bad tyre, but in an emergency when you hit the brakes hard a good tyre will reduce the stopping the distance
            if all the reviews were a load of crap then sports cars wouldn't use such expensive tyres when competing, better compounds allow you to maintain a faster speed and brake later in the corners, obviously in a real world situation we wouldn't be racing about but if someone was to run out in front of my car i could stop a lot quicker than if i was running crap tyres

Comment

Aren't the factory standard 19" 245/40/19?

If it is 235 then here's a link to the Landsails. I have the 20" ones and am very satisfied with them

Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

Yeah 245/40/r19 is what I have on mine.

I was just saying to the OP that you will go numb reading a million opinions from people 'reviewing' tyres on the internet and you'd still be none the wiser. There's just too many variables and everyone is different.
                Magazine reviews are probably sponsored, road tests are probably done on a track under optimal conditions, none of the reviewers are exactly mimicking your driving.
                I can only state that the budgets I had on have been just fine, and I've had them again at a bargain cost with no worries.

During day to day driving, road surface, temperature, pressures will have more effect on the handling than tyre brand and cost.

Pick a price and choose a tyre. It's what you'd do before the internet and being bamboozled.

At any price point they're all competing with one another, as it gets expensive I believe it's diminishing returns with everyday driving.

Comment

Trouble with asking this type of question is that you'll get a load of different answers depending on other people's budget & their preference for brand, which is no bad thing, but doesn't help you very much, instead makes it a bit confusing.

I'm not personally brand loyal, I go with what my budget allows. That said, I concentrate on the tyres performance regarding the grading, similar to the labels on electrical appliances in currys etc. Look at the letter grade for performance in the wet, economy & noise level, make your decision based on those & get the best one you can afford & take any reviews with a pinch of salt.

I've used www.mytyres.co.uk & www.tyrereviews.co.uk to make my choice & then call my local tyre depot to see what price they do my choice for. I used Black Circles once & found they were a rip off, could have had the same tyres direct from the same fitters for alot less!

Comment

i fully agree magazine reviews are crap, oh heres a tyre review we carried out at continentals testing facility and oh guess who won...

Comment

But the various magazines also do tests of a number of tyres at the same time under the same conditions so the results are a true comparison:

For example:

For 2017 AutoBild have chosen to test the large 235/50 R18 tyre size, fitted to vehicles such as the BMW X3, Audi Q5 and as tested, the VW Tiguan. Auto Bild put the ten tyre patterns through the ...

Comment

If you are looking for cheapish tyres Nexens aren't bad - Nexen N8000 235/40 R19 96 Y XL £87 with Free delivery from Oponeo
                        https://www.oponeo.co.uk/tyre-detail...y-xl#176617130

We also sell a lot of Landsail and they aint bad for a budget tyre either.
                        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

I liked nexens too. Had them for my winter and summer tyres.

Can't get them in my current size so Garage recommended maxxis which I'm getting fitted on Sunday

Comment

Originally posted by jmagee View Post
                            I liked nexens too. Had them for my winter and summer tyres.
                            I like Vredestein Wintracs for the winter but as we are nearly into Spring I have Vredesteins Quatrac 5 all season tyres to go on tomorrow. Get them cost price through work. Really good wearing and pretty quiet on the road.
                            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by stewlewis View Post
                              Just had 4x budget Accelera Phi 245/40/19 fitted £274.
                              The same were on the car when I bought it used, so part worn, I've done nearly 20k since last August on those and I've not crashed. So I went for the same again.

You could read hundreds of pages of tyre opinions but it's all crap there's too many variables, only you know how you drive and how you handle the feel of the car.
                              How are you finding these ?

Comment

Working...
                              X