Grand Sport Spare Wheel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Grand Sport Spare Wheel

Anyone with a Grand Sport found a 17" wheel that would do as a spare? 225/50 R17 is more or less the same as 245/45 R18
    According to wheelsize.com they are 5x115 PCD with a ET49 positive offset.

It's that or I get a skinny
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Just for future buyers of the Grand Sport, go for the spare wheel option. There are only 3 cars that use 5 x 115 studs, the Opel, Buick and Vauxhall versions of Grand Sport. So finding an alternative source spare is impossible. Grrrrr!
    sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Yeah I went for the spare wheel instead of the gunk this time. I never needed it it the previous insignia thanks to the tpms giving me a heads up I had a slow puncture but I never fancied using the gunk.
      2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Na once the gunk is in the tyre it's near impossible to clean it out to repair it anyway. I was going to keep spare from old Siggy till I noticed the studs were different and didn't fit the GS.
        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Yeah it's a good spot by you. Because of the lack of choice re wheels for the gs I can see a few buying wheels from the previous siggy and finding out the hard way.
          2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

I wish i had gone for a spare, makes me nervous not having one. Why did manufacturers stop putting spares in?

Comment

Originally posted by Neal_1974 View Post
              I wish i had gone for a spare, makes me nervous not having one. Why did manufacturers stop putting spares in?
              Cheaper for them, Just had a quote from local dealer of just over £350 for spare wheel and kit that goes with it, and I'm in the Trade.
              Guy on the phone sounded like he was just out of playschool so hoping he's made a mistake! Will phone his gaffer tomorrow if I get a chance.
              sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                Cheaper for them, Just had a quote from local dealer of just over £350 for spare wheel and kit that goes with it, and I'm in the Trade.
                Guy on the phone sounded like he was just out of playschool so hoping he's made a mistake! Will phone his gaffer tomorrow if I get a chance.
                How much, blimey that sounds a lot. Lol pay peanuts get moneys as the playschool will be cheap!

Comment

They have to teach them when they are still young....
                  LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Well it broke my heart but had to stump up for a OE spare wheel. Don't like driving about with just goo and compressor in boot.

Wheel £48, tyre £42, Peace of mind...Priceless!

sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

What about the jack etc? Do you have it all? Jmagee had a jack kit for sale https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...offers-please! not sure if it's still available.

Comment

Thanks Marko, but got one from eBay wheel brace is 22mm but have a 19mm to fit the smaller wheel nuts on the Ģrand Sport. In hind sight I should have got Astra J kit their wheel nuts are 19mm too
                        sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Originally posted by marko301 View Post
                          What about the jack etc? Do you have it all? Jmagee had a jack kit for sale https://insignia-drivers.uk/threads/...offers-please! not sure if it's still available.
                          I bought the jack kit and the wheels off Jmagee. So not available anymore.
                          LED interior lights. Chrome mirror caps & door handle covers. LED reverse light bulbs. Pedal box. Atomic Alloys. Steel Structure spare wheel. Boot floor risers. Rear exit exhaust & rear valance. M Y ‘15’ front grille.

Comment

Okay so got inflater kit out of boot and fitted new wheel and Insignia B jack kit in wheel well. Found a nice wee ready made slot in boot for warning triangle (fits in a treat), stuck in the Hi-viz vest and first aid kit etc that came from from emergency kit I got with last car, all looks good, very pleased, then I thought is the "B" towing eye same as Grand Sport?. NO IT BLOODY ISN'T!
                            Had to dig it all out of boot and swap tow eye from inflation kit.

So quick resume if you are putting Insignia B Jack kit into a Grand Sport,
                            1. Wheel wrench is 22mm which you still need for jack but no good for wheels which are 19mm.
                            2. Swap towing eye for one in Inflation kit.
                            Last edited by Minuteman; 17-02-2018, 03:24 PM. Reason: predictive text cock up!
                            sigpic WOW Nice Car !!

Comment

Grand Sport 4x4 Petrol Spare Wheel

Originally posted by Minuteman View Post
                              Just for future buyers of the Grand Sport, go for the spare wheel option. There are only 3 cars that use 5 x 115 studs, the Opel, Buick and Vauxhall versions of Grand Sport. So finding an alternative source spare is impossible. Grrrrr!
                              I have an (old) 2L turbo petrol 4x4 and fancied a new one with the same drive train. This means an Elite Nav. I also want a spare wheel and Vauxhall's response is - tough. Apparently their 17" space saver is available on all models except with this drive train. I believe it is because this model has updated (Brembo) brakes which are physically bigger and so the 17" won' t fit. Can anyone confirm this? If so no more Insignias for me as it looks like separately sourcing a bigger alternative is a non starter from what you say about the stud details.

Comment

Working...
                              X