Buying advice for Insignia 2014 estate biturbo elite nav Auto

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ultrarep View Post
    Hi all, well we picked up the car yesterday from a superb dealer in Newcastle who was only 300miles from home! Never seem to buy a car locally.
    The car looked stunning and oh what a fantastic thing it is! Prev cars were Merc E class 320 estate and even a chrysler 300estate.
    This insignia is just an awsome piece of kit.
    Fast, quiet, so ecconomical, uber comfortable, grippy, and more kit that you can find in decent toy shop.

To say I am pleased is an understatement.
    On the 300mile drive home, It proved soo ecconomical at over 50mpg which I think is really good on an auto running on cruise at 65-70 with just a little of the “getting the feel “for it game. Sports mode is a hoot and transforms the car into something, well, rather sporty.
    Even in normal driving mode the throttle is hardly needed and power is right there instantly with ease and no fuss, needing not much more throttle to safely overtake.

In short wow! The biturbo has made my day and blown away all the worries I had going to the 4pot from my recent big 6pots.

It drives just like a bigger diesel with tones of torque at 1500rpm and a solid push from there to the redline in a constant wave of insistant urge. Its also so quiet on the engine front, road noise is noticable with the 19inch wheels and low profile typres but as a package I thinks it so good, actually drove home grinning like a child, I love it, and am so so happy.
    Having had a 59plate insignia in the past which was the 2.0Turbo petrol which was huge and enjoyable fun, but madly thirsty. I can say the Biturbo performs very close to that but is better as a package as its more drivable with huge power range not just all or nothing in one go.

Thanks to you all for your input and advice

One issue I have noticed is at 50mph on cruise. The car is in 6th and its like the auto box takes too lonkg to find the right gear 5th or 6th at that speed as it sounds for all the world like a manual car that is in too high a gear grimbling and steuggling Is this normal! Either changing down to 5th or waiting 5-10 seconds and it figures that out for itself abd drops to 5th, just seems to be the one particular speed that catches the gearbox out a little. its the only thing that does though, as the box is smooth amd slikly and changes just right everywhere else almost imperceptably. Dont think its a fault but just characteristic of the set up, however any thoughts or experience would be welcome

How do you get images on here ? as will post a coupe of pictures
    Glad you're happy with your "Bi" ,try Tapatalk to upload your pics
    ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Originally posted by Ultrarep View Post
      Is the 64 plate with the new facia with touch buttons for temp heated wheel etc classed as the face lift or is that the current new car?
      The touch control for climate and heated seats etc,was standard equipment on the Elite and vxr ,optional extra on other spec
      Last edited by exclusiv.; 04-02-2018, 08:21 AM.
      ​2015 Sri vx line nav BiTurbo . Sri heated leather.5500k AFL . Vx line 20s,8inch LCD dash .FLEXride.Reverse cam.Irmscher grill.235hp and 480 torqs.30mm lowering springs.20mm H&R spacers all round. Mtec drilled discs on rear,VXR 355mm drilled on front,with Brembo 4 pot calipers. Auto wipers .VX puddle lights.Carbon effect black roof wrap.Irmscher roof spoiler.Irmscher side skirts.

Comment

Sounds like someone it falling in love! The 300 mile trip should have flagged up any existing issues so hopefully you've got yourself a good'en!

As exclusiv said, Tapatalk is you best bet from a phone. Flickr if you're using a pc.
        2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Quick futher question on navi 900
          I ar prefer the night mode and have set the system to display that even fir day use. However the screen reverts back to bright day colours upon restart. Am I missing somthing here?

Comment

I changed mine to night mode for a while and it stayed that way even after restarting the car. I reverted back to night and day mode though because it can be hard to see in bright daylight, especially when it's sunny.
            2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Working...
            X