Coolant Level Warning Light 1.8 SRI manual 2013 55000 miler

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coolant Level Warning Light 1.8 SRI manual 2013 55000 miler

Had the light come on for no reason last week,the levels bang on so lost no coolant.

Changed the level sensor with a genuine OE one off a Vauxhall de3aler on Ebay and it still randomly comes on,normally on start up then when it feels like it.

I've read about some Astra recalls online but no Insignias.

Any cures anyone please?

Originally posted by oldhamedge View Post
    Had the light come on for no reason last week,the levels bang on so lost no coolant.

Changed the level sensor with a genuine OE one off a Vauxhall de3aler on Ebay and it still randomly comes on,normally on start up then when it feels like it.

I've read about some Astra recalls online but no Insignias.

Any cures anyone please?
    I have this too, although I haven't changed the sensor yet? Heard it was part of the expansion tank as Main Stealer wanted £65 to replace it
    2013 Insignia 2.0 CDTi SRi NAV

My Photography - https://www.facebook.com/charleswhitephotography & www.charles-white-photography.com

Comment

Easy enough to change,the clip for the wire was the hardest part,still comes on when I start up and about 3 times on a 15 mile journey...frustrating as no coolant loss whatsoever!!!!

Comment

I also thought it was part of the reservoir, mine was leaking, so swapped the tank, doddle of a job, and probably easier than swapping out the sensor.

Comment

Has the light come on since Red Stoat?

Comment

Working...
          X