X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue’s after remap.

Good evening all,

Need the help of some insignia Pro’s!!

It’s a bit long winded but I’ll try keep it brief.

2010 2.0 CDTI insignia only 15k miles

After buying the car from used Vauxhall dealership

The Dpf light kept coming on every 4 weeks or so requiring a forced regen!
    I decided to have the car mapped, left Dpf in and on along with egr.
    Car fine increased proformance and economy. No problems at all.

Except, the Dpf came back on again. Decided enough was enough Dpf pulled off car and all guts ripped out from inside. Welded back up and back on the car. Remapped again including DPF delete and EGR delete.

Started car.... smokey and smells fumey also sounds tinny from exhaust. The remapping bloke says it’ll clear.

It doesn’t. 4.54 on smoke test for MOT. FAILED!!

Tons has been done, including checking the maps which look fine after having ecu read and maps submitted for an analysis.

New MAF, fuel filter, air filter.
    Leak off tests fine.

The garage is currently putting “stock” maps back on to see if it’s a mapping issue or mechanical issue.

I’m hoping someone somewhere might be able to give me a clue as to where to look next?
    The garage is running out of ideas, other than injectors which I don’t think at 15k is very likely.

Thanks for taking the time to read this.

I’d be grateful of all and any help.

Best wishes

Disheartened Dan!

By law you have to have a DPF so car is not road legal anyhow...

Comment

Originally posted by Nickosnose View Post
      By law you have to have a DPF so car is not road legal anyhow...
      People like you, are the reason people like me don’t use forums.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan9895 View Post
        Nickonose is correct.

Now that people have long been aware that the MOT is going to get stricter and particularly around cars that have had their DPFs removed why on earth would you have this done? With such a low mileage car chances are it has just been pootling around town on short journeys and the DPF has clogged. If you are also only doing short journeys (which you have ommitted to tell us) then this will be why your DPF light has been coming on. Are you aware of how diesels should be driven?

If you are coming on this forum to look for advice that is illegal then you are looking in the wrong place bud. Only law abiding citizens here
        Insignia Elite Nav 2ltr SIDI Turbo 250PS, Pearlescent Emerald Green, VX-Line Interior, VX-Line Exterior Styling Kit, Premium Brandy Nappa Sports Leather, 20" Elite Multi Spoke Alloy Wheels, 8" Digital Drivers Display, Bose Premium Audio System, Front Camera Pack, Rear View Camera, Adaptive Cruise Control, Advanced Park Assist, Rear Privacy Glass, Keyless Entry & Start, Tyre Pressure Monitoring System, Factory Fitted Towbar

Comment

I’d be more concerned about the fact that you brought a 2010 car with only 15k from vaxhall. Whats it been doing for all that time driving in reverse!!!!!!

But still removing the dpf is wrong. If you wanted a quick diesel then buy an Audi

Comment

Originally Posted by Nickosnose:
            By law you have to have a DPF so car is not road legal anyhow..

So this ignoramus has an accident, the insurance company comes along and says 'the dpf has been removed so you have negated your insuance so we will not be paying out the person you have hit'

Hopefully, it is good news that you will not use this forum.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
              Originally Posted by Nickosnose:
              By law you have to have a DPF so car is not road legal anyhow..

So this ignoramus has an accident, the insurance company comes along and says 'the dpf has been removed so you have negated your insuance so we will not be paying out the person you have hit'

Hopefully, it is good news that you will not use this forum.
              Cars all done thanks for all your help.

When contemplating an accident at least now I have somewhere to aim.

Comment

Cars all done thanks for all your help.

When contemplating an accident at least now I have somewhere to aim.
                Sir, no need to amplify the type of person you are - we have already sussed that.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul View Post
                  Sir, no need to amplify the type of person you are - we have already sussed that.
                  touché

Comment

Pack it in or I'm gonna have to bang heads together!
                    2017 Vauxhall Insignia Grand Sport Sri Nav 1.5 (165ps) Turbo petrol in Lava Red - Keyless entry and start - 18” five spoke alloy wheels - Front fog lights - Tinted rear windows - Aluminium sports pedals - Ambient interior led lighting - Front and rear parking assist - Active emergency braking - Forward collision assist - Front pedestrian alert - Traffic sign recognition - Lane keep assist - Cruise control - Speed warning and limiter - Voice recognition - Bluetooth - Duel zone climate control - Front and rear electric windows - High beam assist - Auto lights - Auto wipers - Wifi hotspot - 8” colour touchscreen Navi 900 with Android Auto, Apple Car Play and DAB

Comment

Nick was stating a fact. We are a friendly helpful forum here, we do not tolerate any rude behaviour.

As for your issue it sounds bit odd the car has only done 15k for a 7 year old car, worth checking on mot history gov website to verify the mileage. Could be a reason why the car was sold on along with under lining issues.

Comment

Mileage does seem low for age. Wonder if your problems with DPF have came from that. If the cars spent 7 years doing low miles maybe short journeys it would cause DPF to fail. My 63 plate has been mapped but I kept all the DPF and EGR in simply because I know it could fail MOT and that will only get stricter with new laws this year. Not worth it for me.

Comment

Working...
                        X